Part 1: Control || Ch 9 || Emotions

While Konohamaru-sensei was talking to the chief of the village I felt Sarada's and Mitsuki's attention shifting to me instead of the mission. They had not asked me again about my condition but their worried gazes had never left me for even a second. Instead of being focused on the mission even my teammates and the becoming Hokage were too distracted because of me.

I guess I'll just have to shine this mission since everyone else has other priorities.

Though it was hard to pretend that my body was feeling fine as my left hand was constantly wrapped around my right arm. The pain was spreading and the Karma as I had realized earlier was changing its colour from time to time - I didn't think of it as a good sign.

''And that's about it. They had threatened to come again today.'', the chief sighed.

''Thank you for sharing your information with us. Don't worry, we will solve your problem. We have a capable team of shinobi, you can trust them.'', Konohamaru-niichan assured him and bowed one last time before signalling us to follow him outside.

''Alright, we will stay put at the gates and wait until they come. Whoever sees them first, do not engage, alert your teammates and wait for backup. Even though they have been reported as minor bandits we shouldn't treat this without caution.''

''Hai!'', we replied as Team 7 while Konohamaru-sensei was giving Mitsuki and Sarada the standart shinobi communication device.

He took out a map and pointed to two red X where the two shinobi should position themselves. I waited for any instructions but after realizing that Konohamaru-niichan was only talking to the other two members of Team 7 I started to get frustrated.

''Hey, niichan, and what am I going to do? Don't think I don't get what you are planning. That's not fair-ttebasa.''

''Of course I didn't forget you, Boruto.''

I could hear it in his voice, he was silently cursing himself that I had seen through his plan.

''You are staying with me. We will check two areas together, and like that I can keep an eye on you.''

''Niichan-''

''If you are going to argue I will not allow you to come along at all. This is the compromise you have to make.''

''Tzz, fine.''

While my team was talking I looked outside at the clear sky. My mind was already far away from my surroundings and the voice of a certain intruder was again swirling around me. Trying my best to suppress it the sound faded to a whisper making it almost impossible to understand exact words but the enhancing malice was still poisoning my memory like venom. My body stiffened as I could feel his chakra surrounding me again trying to find an open spot where I would be vulnerable.

Who would he take from me next?

Tocha? Ka-chan? Hanabi-neechan?

Or would my friends soon be gone from me? Shikadai? Inojin? Mitsuki? Sarada?

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Focus on the mission.

Ignoring the fight inside of me I released the pressure on my eyelids and focused my right hand which was covered in strange black lines as if someone had drawn on my skin with sticky ink.

''Boruto, are you ready?'', I heard Konohamaru-niichan ask me.

''Yeah, huh?'', I exclaimed surprised as Mitsuki and Sarada were already gone.

''Where are-?''

''They already left. They tried calling you but you didn't react.''

''Oh, well, it's not that I didn't hear them...''

''Alright, alright. Come on. Let's get going. I have the feeling this won't end good, kore.''

''What? Why? This will be easy-ttebasa! It's going to be over in a flash!''

Arriving at the gates the forest stared back at us, the trees covering almost all of our view leaving only an eerie darkness between them. The village behind us was as quiet as a graveyard as all villagers were hiding in their houses to prevent anyone from getting hurt if the fight spread inside the village.

As we were watching the still forest for any movements or sounds that would give away the reckless bandits the pain in my arm had already reached my shoulder and was spreading towards my neck. I could only fear what would happen if the Karma swallowed me fully. Additionally a strong sense of destruction and fury slowly rose. The smell of blood and the cries of hurt men were filling me as was the pleasure to release my chakra and leave a maze of devastation behind.

As the corners of my eyes glimpsed Konohamaru-niichan I felt the urge to take out my kunai and attack him.

What am I thinking? Calm down Boruto.

Just as I was struggling with myself or the thing that wanted to gain control over me I heard Konohamaru-niichan shout.

''They are here! North side! Twenty of them! Group up, don't let them get into the village! Wait for further commands- wait, Boruto, what are you-?!''

I heard his desperate voice crying out for me as my body moved on its own and jumped over the fence to greet the bandits with a dozen of Kage bunshin. I had never managed more than four but my chakra was overflowing with Momoshiki's malice. The urge to fight was stronger than ever taking over my body. Something in the back of my mind told me to stop and turn around but I wasn't listening anymore. I lunged out with my kunai and let out a hideous battle-cry.

The only thing I wanted was destruction.