Part 1: Control || Ch 12 || Bonds

Sarada's pov:

''Konohamaru-sensei!'', I screamed as the the two kunais collided.

Konohamaru-sensei was getting pushed back by Boruto's force making them both fall off the tree. With a grunt my sensei landed on the ground barely keeping his balance as the now white-haired Boruto grinned at him, showing his sharp teeth with a grotesque desire to tear something apart.

''Uff, I didn't think you would manage to parry my blow. Well, I guess this makes everything more interesting.", the boy mocked leaving us all frozen as nothing of our friend was inside this cold voice.

"Boruto...listen to me. Snap out of it. This isn't you. Don't you recognize me? It's Konohamaru, please Boruto, remember."

"You shinobi are all the same. Those pitiful memories and meaningless bonds are only meant to be severed. As soon as I will tear my blade through you I will continue torturing his teammates until Uzumaki Boruto is completely shattered. I must admit that I didn't believe he would make it this far. Can you believe it, he was trying so hard to prove that he is worthy, that he has a meaning and all it took me to convince him otherwise were mere words which were powerful enough to break his soul."

"Don't talk about Boruto like that! Whoever you are, you will not continue to use Boruto to your will!"

"Oh but this is his destiny. He cannot escape his fate. The moment he killed me I knew that I only wanted to be reborn in his body full of chakra he doesn't even know of. Even my Byakugan has gotten stronger thanks to his mother's connection to Otsutsuki Hamura."

"Otsutsuki... who in the world are you?!"

"Are you still failing to understand, human? Well, I shouldn't expect anything else from a useless creature as you are...
I am Otsutsuki Momoshiki.
I sincerely hope you haven't forgotten my entrance in your village before."

The chunin exams. Of course. Boruto was the one who killed him. It was after his fight that he had gotten the Karma.

I could feel my blood freeze as the realization got me. Boruto had been suffering for so long....
How could they use him like that? Why? Why did it have to be Boruto?!

Looking at Konohamaru-sensei's face I knew that it had finally hit him as well and the guilt rose in me as the fight had never given any suspicion about Boruto getting side-effects.

Damn it, you can't do this to me, Boruto.

"I will get Boruto back even if it costs me my life! Don't think you have won, Momoshiki!"

As response Boruto's frail body erupted in laughter, showing how much Momoshiki had already possessed him. There was no hint of Boruto reacting to Konohamaru-sensei's words, only Momoshiki's horrible laughter echoed in my ears.

I felt hot tears burning in my eyes again. Instead of moving and helping I was only able to cry. If Konohamaru-sensei couldn't reach out to Boruto, how could I?

That was when an idea stuck my mind. My cheeks flamed up just by the thought of it but Mitsuki had said that strong emotional feelings could bring him back. We had to try everything we could.

"Konohamaru-sensei!", I shouted, attracting the attentions of both sides to me, "Buy me some time! I have an idea!"

"Oh? Finally making an appearance? This is getting interesting. Show me what you can do human girl!"

"No Sarada, wait!", I heard Konohamaru-sensei shout just as I sprang down with my kunai digging into my flesh as I was holding it too tightly.

The next sound of metal clashing brought me an opening to try and hit Boruto so that he would loose his balance. In mid-air my leg shot forward aiming for his, only for him to evade my blow and push me back with a strong chakra field.