Part 2: Change || Ch 28 || Breathe

Natuto's pov:

"That baka fell asleep.", Sarada explained as I looked over my son leaning against a tree with his eyes closed.

He was resting calmly and I couldn't help myself but smile as I knew that he was finally alright.

"Well, he can eat later.", I said as I took a bite of the rice Hinata had prepared.

"Ahh, I love your cooking, Hinata."

"Hihi, I'm glad, Naruto-kun. Boruto looks exactly like you when he is sleeping."

"Haha, you think? He wouldn't like hearing that."

"I wonder what Onii-chan is dreaming about!", Hima happily shouted as I held a finger in front of my lips.

"Shh, not so loud. Don't wake him. He deserves some rest."

"Oh, sorry, Papa."

"Probably about a new hamburger.", Sarada laughed and we quickly joined her.

Birds were chirping in the woods around us as a fresh breeze made our hair move in its movement while we were eating and chatting. Because Konohamaru had started eating first he was the first to finish and excused himself as he left to check the area.

"I can't believe how grown up he is.", I murmured remembering the old Konohamaru, my rival.

"Haha, we all are.", Hinata said though Sakura quickly argued.

"Nope, not all of us. Naruto didn't change a bit."

"T-that's not true dattebayo... I-"

"Boruto!"

Our talk was quickly interrupted by Sarada's worried scream and we all turned to see Boruto wincing and panting. Letting everything in my hands fall I moved to my son trying to wake him up as he was struggling to breathe. He was covered in sweat while his lips formed random words.

"No...cold...who...who is this-"

"Boruto! Hey Boruto wake up! Calm down, it's just a dream! Wake up!"

I watched desperately as the blonde still wasn't reacting, his body shaking heavily as he seemed to resist the pain. My eyes fell upon his right hand as I feared the seal had returned but as I turned it around his palm was empty. Only his skin had the feeling of a cold popsicle making me wonder why he was freezing so much.

"Boruto! Please, wake up!"

I shook him gently as I didn't want to hurt him. This time it worked. His eyes slowly opened looking at us in confusion.

"What...", he whispered only to be interrupted by heavy coughing.

"Here drink something.", Sakura-chan suggested while handing him a cup of hot tea.

His hands were still shaking almost letting the cup fall as he slowly moved it up to his lips.

"Ahh, that felt good. Thanks. Uhm...why are you all looking at me like that?"

"Why? Why! We should be asking you! You fell asleep and suddenly you start whispering stuff, your body shaking and wincing as if you were suffering. We could barely wake you up! We have been shouting for minutes!", Sarada shouted angrily while I held my hand out to calm her down.

I understood her concern but Boruto couldn't do anything about this. I knew that he was feeling guilty for making us worry but it wasn't his fault. We had to help him overcome this somehow.