Part 1: Control || Ch 3 || No Strenght

"Boruto, I have made pancakes for breakfast. Please eat lots, alright?", mom said with a smile.

Mothers had the special ability to identify a fake smile, she had known for long that something was different about me, that something had changed. But she didn't know what it was so she tried to comfort me with anything a mom could do. The scent of the pancakes that slowly hit my nose didn't change a thing though I appreciated the work. I wished that I could smile and enjoy the food, I wished that I could go back to being happy, but I just couldn't.

"Thanks...", I whispered and sat down on the chair next to my dad.

They were all watching me intensely, waiting for me to say anything at all but all I could do was starring at the small pancakes on my plate. My arm didn't even flinch as I tried to bring it up and pierce the pancake with the fork. The strength was completely drained from my body. I felt different chakra feeding on me in my body, weakening me with every moment until I was no more.

"Onii-chan..."

Himawari had always tried to cheer me up but even the love I felt for her, to protect her from harm was slowly fading.

Why was I even here?

"Boruto, maybe you should stay at home. Someone else can go on the mission with Sarada and Mitsuki.", my dad suggested.

I would have protested and screamed, I would have been angry with him, I would have started to argue if I had any strength left, which I didn't.

"I'm fine, Tou-chan. I can make it."

Slowly after building up the remaining chakra in my body I lifted my arm to bring a piece of the pancake into my mouth. Just as it reached my lips the fork glided from my hand, crashing on the table with a loud noise, leaving a mess on the table of course.

"Ah...I'm sorry, I will clean it up...", I quickly apologized and tried to stand up, pushing my chair back just to find myself losing my balance and falling onto the ground.

"Uff...!"

"Boruto!", my parents shouted in unison and I found myself being dragged to the sofa where my parents regarded me with worry.

"Boruto...are you alright? Did you have a bad night again?", my dad asked hoping for me to give him a proper answer.

Slowly I opened my eyes which had stayed closed after immense pain shot trough my whole body. Everything seemed blurry and my dad's face changed in a second looking younger and vulnerable. The next second he was glowing in his kurama form and then again he was covered in red chakra his eyes glowing red with anger.

Blinking multiple times the images disappeared and my old man was standing in front of me again how it should be. I hated those quick time travels. They had become worse. Randomly something would change time, going back to the past or to the future, mixing everything and creating a mess. But I was the only one seeming to notice, I was lost in time, I was lost when time formed itself again.

"You can't possibly go out like this. Maybe Sakura-chan can look into this. She is the best medical ninja. So maybe-"

"No, I'm fine.", I insisted and tried to stand up again against the force of my dad's hands which tried to push me back onto the sofa.

"But Boruto-"

"Trust...me...", I couldn't breathe, I was lacking oxygen while I spoke, my lungs were burning as I tried to form the words, "...I can do this."