Part 1: Control || Ch 18 || Miracle

Naruto's pov:

I couldn't protect him. It's all my fault.

"Boruto...Boruto..."

Over and over I repeated his name, his body still lying peacefully on the grey hospital bed. He was so cold, all life and energy was gone. Sakura-chan moved over to me and put her hands on my shoulder to support me though I could feel her sobbing as well.

As I was dwelling in my thoughts I suddenly felt new chakra around us. Familiar chakra that couldn't be here anymore. Chakra I would recognize everywhere and missed every day but it was impossible for it to come back.

As I looked up Boruto's body began to glow in blue light, the black lines of the Karma slowly beginning to retreat, the wounds healing themselves, the body being restored to the state before he was hurt. Everyone was watching the magic in front of us in confusion until the monitor began to give steady sounds meaning his heart was beating again.

"What....how...", Sakura exclaimed shocked as the miracle continued.

I got up on my feet my hand still holding Boruto's small one as I noticed his chest moving meaning he was breathing again.

"Boruto...", I murmured not believing my eyes as my tears continued to fall hoping that this wasn't a dream.

I was staring at the boy who slowly got his colour back, his blonde hair shining brightly like the sun, his skin clear and strong looking, his face not pale as snow but healthy like a ripe fruit.

My heart completely stopped from shock as I felt light pressure against my palm. He was responding to my touch. He was moving. He was living. He lived. He lived. He lived.

Slowly his eyes opened and blinked multiple times adapting to the light around him. He looked tired but other than that he would live. He was alive, he came back, somehow he was back and the two chakra natures that I had felt earlier were gone again.

But I knew who it had been.

Mom, dad...thank you.

"Boruto...Boruto...can you hear me?", I quickly asked fearing he would disappear any second again.

His head turned into the direction of my voice and for multiple seconds that felt like eternity he was only watching me as if he didn't know who I was. Then his face lit up, a gentle smile crossing it as his weak voice filled my ears making me completely lose it as I cried because of this miracle.

"Tadaima...Tou-chā..."

"D...don't do that again...damn it...", I murmured and let my head fall onto his chest.

Even though I wanted to stay with him Sakura grabbed my hand and told me to go outside and wait as she wanted to do a last checkup before confirming that he would be alright. She didn't know herself what had happened, frankly I didn't care, I just needed him to be alright and live.

"Boruto, I will be back okay! It won't be long! Don't worry! Dad will be-"

"Cut it out already. Shannaro!", Sakura-chan screamed and I felt myself getting punched and kicked out as I flew against the door, through the corridor until I landed against the wall of the entrance hall.

"Itai...Sakura-chan...that was too much dattebayo..."

"Nanadaime!", I heard Sarada and Konohamaru shouting as they ran over to me.

Apparently they had been treated as well while I had been with Boruto, their wounds were now covered in bandages. Before I could say anything I was already attacked with questions.

"Nanadaime...Boruto...is Boruto...", Sarada stuttered.

Explaining the whole thing that had happened was even too much for me so I just patted her head and smiled.

"Yeah...he is. He is back."

"Yokatta...", she murmured and tears were quick to follow.

The reaction wasn't much different from Konohamaru and Mitsuki. But the moment couldn't last for long. Now that Boruto was safe I finally needed to know what had happened.

"Konohamaru...I know it's hard but..."

He looked up as I suddenly asked him with a serious expression.

"What exactly had happened? How did it come to this?"

"It's...the seal on his hand. It suddenly spread. In the end he...he transformed..."

"Transformed?"

"Transformed...into Momoshiki."

"What?"

I couldn't believe my ears. Momoshiki. He was dead. He had been defeated. Why and how would Boruto transform into him?

"I don't know exactly what had happened. Boruto...was just suddenly gone. He was completely replaced by Momoshiki. Momoshiki was controlling his body, he was talking through him. It was as if Boruto wasn't even there anymore."

I sat down on a chair next to Mitsuki to process the whole information. Boruto was being possessed by Momoshiki. How could we help him? There was little information about the Otsutsuki in general. I didn't even know where to start. Even though Sasuke was looking for anything related to them he hadn't found anything about a seal like Boruto had it.

"Damn it...", I murmured clenching my fists as I didn't know how to help my son.

He had been struggling for so long and I could only watch while he was crying in pain. Even after knowing the cause of it and the connection of the seal to Momoshiki it didn't help us at all as we didn't know how to stop it.

While I was deep in my thoughts I didn't notice another person walking up to me.

"Naruto, Naruto...Naruto, Shannaro!"

I felt something heavy hit me on my head as I screamed in pain and turned around.

"S-Sakura-chan...would you please stop it?"

"Well I tried calling you normally but you didn't listen so I didn't see another option. I thought you maybe want to see your son."

"Then he is-"

"Yes, he is alright. I don't know how but all his wounds regenerated as if they had never been there before. He is completely healthy. Tired but physically okay."

"Yokatta...thank you Sakura-chan."

"Don't thank me. I didn't do anything. Your son came back by his own power."

And the help of two others.

"Mama, can we see him too please?", Sarada asked as soon as she could.

"Yes of course. He will probably be very happy to see you all again."