Part 2: Change || Ch 21 || Strangeness

Boruto's pov:

"You are late.'', Sasuke-san said as I came down running.

''Sorry...''

''Did something happen on the way here?''

I was arguing with myself whether I should tell him but I shook my head deciding otherwise. Maybe it wasn't anything important even though I was lying to myself. I just wanted to get a bit of peace and quiet before anything would happen again. I didn't want them to worry again. I would tell them eventually but not right now. I needed some space, I wanted some normal time with my family, I wanted to forget the past events at least for a while.

''Nothing at all. I just overslept dattebasa.''

''Overslept?''

''Yes.''

''That's not the best way to convince us to get back to work.''

''Well...''

''As isn't disappearing in the middle of the forest and appearing in the middle of Konoha again.''

''What?''

How did he know?

''I was watching you. You disappeared into thin air after holding onto your face.''

''Watching- Why were you watching me? Don't you trust me?''

''I do, though my trust had just been broken a bit by your lie.''

I gulped realizing my mistake and averted my gaze.

''Sorry...''

''Where did you go?''

I stayed quiet as I wans't sure whether I should tell him. They would lock me up again. On the other hand maybe if I had told them about Momoshiki before they could have helped me earlier preventing all the recent events. After thinking for another second I gave up and decided to explain it to him.

''I don't really understand it myself but...I think...well it seemed...like a time travel.''

''Time travel?''

''I saw the two first Hokages. Konoha was suddenly gone and I just happened to be there. They didn't seem to notice me though. I doubt that I had been very stealthy so it was more like as if I could only watch what happened.''

''And how do you think did you manage to time travel?''

''Well...''

I knew it had to do something with my eye even though I didn't know what it was. Momoshiki had mentioned it multiple times - the Jougan. But I had never heard about it before.

''Say, Sasuke-san...''

''What is it?''

''Have you ever heard something about the Jougan?''

''Jougan? What should that be?''

''Well, maybe there is something I could tell you. Momoshiki...had mentioned it sometimes...he referred to my right eye.''

''Your right eye? Can you show me?''

''I can't. I don't know how to control it. It basically happens when it wants to and disappears afterwards.''

''So this had happened before?''

I nodded facing the ground as guilt came over me. I should have told them sooner.

''Did Momoshiki mention anything else about this?''

I concentrated trying to find any memories about him talking about the Jougan but I couldn't. Maybe something had happened when I had defeated him but the moments of that event had been very blurry to me. I couldn't make out anything expect for me taking his chakra. I didn 't even feel as if I had been the one doing it.

''I don't know.''

He sighed and I felt the disappointed in the air around him.

''Alright. I will investigate. For now let's continue with our training.''

I bit my lip as I nodded.

''Will you tell my dad?''

''I have to, Boruto.''

''Of course you do...'', I murmured deep in thoughts and felt his stare piercing me.

I shook myself and prepared for battle. We started with basic kunai throwing. I was horrible at aiming. It was as if I hadn't practised in years. Slowly I adapted to it, my aim improving hitting all targets in the bull's eye. Soon after, we practised a new style of throwing shurikens and hitting multiple targets at once. I held the shuriken tightly in my hand as I felt a strange sensation. I threw the first shuriken and before I could take the next one my hands made quick motions by themselves. As I was staring down in shock my lips formed the words without me giving the command.

''Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu!'', I shouted and the shuriken divided itself in multiple clones making them hit all targets at the same time.

I froze in my motion as I looked at the result. What had I done?

''Since when do you know that jutsu? It was exclusive to the Sarutobi clan.'', Sasuke-san asked me curiously as I stared at my hands and shook my head.

Sarutobi...Sarutobi...Sarutobi.

''Anija! I would love to trust them but the Sarutobi clan is on the side of the Uchiha!"

As soon as I understood where I had heard the name just recently it hit me like thunder. Was that connected to each other?

''Hey, Boruto? Are you still listening?''

But what does the Sarutobi clan have to do with me? Why did I see exactly that past moment? Why am I using Sarutobi jutsus? What is going on?

''Boruto!'', I heard a loud angry voice scream into my ear making me fall onto the ground.

''Itai...Sasuke-san, you don't have to shout like that.''

''It seems you aren't really paying attention to reality anymore.''

''Reality...'', I murmured almost sinking back into my thoughts before noticing Sasuke-san's deadly glare.

''Is there anything you forgot to tell me?''

''Ah...ehm...no...not really.'', I stammered.

Sighing he turned around and began to walk away.

''Hey! Where are you going? We weren't done yet, right?''

''No, but in the state you are in right now there is no reason to train anymore. We will continue when you aren't lying and finally concentrating.''

''But wait!'', I screamed but he was already gone.

''Damn it...but I don't want to wait anymore.'', I whispered kicking a stone away.

The stone glided over the ground and came to a halt in front of a woman standing some metres in front of me.

''What? Who are you?'', I asked quickly standing up.

I didn't even see her coming. More importantly Sasuke-san didn't notice her before as well.

''Interesting. If you are that keen of continuing then I guess I don't have to hold back for that long.''

''What? What do you mean?'', I asked and took some steps back while taking out my kunai.

Strange chakra was around her but before she would make a movement I sprang forward ready to strike.

''Oh, are you sure you want to do this?''', she laughed and closed her eyes.

Before I could hit her she opened them again and I was glued to the spot staring at her with fear. The moment I looked into her eyes my blood froze and I felt myself holding my breath.

''No way...how...''

Staring back at me the woman grinned.

She had the Jougan in both eyes.