Part 1: Control || Ch 10 || Destruction

One after another was falling down onto the cold ground. The mud was spreading on their clothes and skin leaving the bandits in a mess of red and brown. The metallic smell of blood was all over me as my kunai shot forward to strike and slay the next one that came across me.

"Come, come and try me! I will make sure that you won't underestimate me again!", I shouted as I brought down my next opponent.

Somewhere a bit farther away from the battlefield I imagined a familiar voice calling out to me but all I was focused on was to kill every last of the bandits. Their shrieks were filling my ears making me grin as it became even more exciting when I noticed stronger looking men appear.

Shinobi.

Their blades were glowing in a strong blue shimmer making me lick my lips as I could already feel the taste of their chakra.

It would be my chakra soon.

Concentrating further I could see their chakra points and lines which were filling their bodies with energy to breathe and live. So much chakra that was wasted in their pitiful bodies.

Power rose inside me, spreading through my whole body as I focused it on one point preparing it to unleash it at once. The battle cries of the shinobi were muffled as they ran towards me thinking they could actually strike me down. As the first one approached me my hand shot forward, piercing him through the chest and pulling out a fresh and pulsing ball of chakra. Staring at me with his eyes wide open I could see the fear and shock he was feeling for a second before his body collapsed and stayed on the ground motionlessly.

"Itadakimasu~"

With one bite I swallowed the ball of chakra, droll flowing down the corners of my lips as I was enjoying this harvest of chakra. Finally it would return to whom it should belong.

Before the other shinobi could react I slammed my fist against the ground. In response it began to shake revealing fast spreading cracks all over it making the shinobi lose their balance. Followed by a wave of flames it hit them all at once making them scream in pain as they realized their lives would soon fade away.

Like spider arms red chakra strings escaped from my back spreading into all directions and hitting all shinobi at their chakra points while slowly extracting their life. One after another the chakra balls flew back to me. It was as if a feast was prepared for me. Immediately the chakra was converted to my own making me stronger.

"This is fun. I want more, more! You worthless creatures can't be the only thing I'm going to eat today after finally coming back! Ah~ I forgot~"

Slowly I turned around and gazed into the shadows of the forest. I was standing alone in the pool of lifeless bodies but I hadn't been alone the whole time. There were stronger shinobi here, shinobi that would make me satisfied for at least a second. Their sweet chakra would still my hunger for a little while before I would have to go on the hunt again.

Yes. I wanted this.

This was what I wanted, wasn't it? Destruction. Chakra. The end.

I would get back my glory. These humans meant nothing to me.

They...meant...

Who...

As my eyes could now see farther through anything in their way I quickly spotted the three remaining shinobi hidden on a tree thinking they would be safe there. Yet something was off about them. Instead of fleeing they were something looking into my direction. Their chakra was disturbed, confused and sad. Their desperation was making me tremble. This tasty powerful chakra was clouded and poisoned by emotions.

As I slowly began walking into their direction I saw them stiffening and shaking in fear. I felt the corner of my mouth moving up as it was too amusing to feel their fear and confusion. Their features showed an older shinobi who was thinking desperately, his chakra was glowing brightly in his head. The younger boy was looking down, his hands balled to fists, anger was filling his chakra and the knowledge of not being able to do anything. The third shinobi was a girl with powerful chakra stored in her eyes. Yet this chakra was the strangest of them all. It was filled with sadness and rising hope. Around her heart the feeling of love was pulsing heavily trying to escape and reach her eyes.

While approaching them pain began to increase in my chest. I felt it burning me like fire trying to tell me something yet I couldn't remember what it was.

This girl...who.... those shinobi...why are they so familiar?

As their chakra became clearer it felt as if something inside of me was stirring, like a captured beast trying to escape its prison only to be pushed back harder.

Take their chakra. Kill them.

Kill...but...

Take it. Take it. DESTROY THEM!

"Okay, here is the plan-", the older shinobi's voice broke as I appeared behind him in a flash.

"Found you~"