Part 1: Control || Ch 2 || Dreams

"I'm coming.", I murmured trying to hide my feelings with a tired face.

Burying my face under my arm I looked away and waited until dad was gone. But instead of walking out of the door he continued to sit on the edge of my bed and lecturing me. And even though I hoped that he was stupid enough to ignore the small tears that had left my eyes for a second I knew that he had seen them and was now trying to get some information out of me.

Sasuke-san sure had told him about the mark on my hand. And he was only waiting for me to talk about it, which I definitely wouldn't do. He continued his attempts without success for another 10 minutes until he finally gave up and told me to come down and eat. After I heard the door shut I uncovered my eyes and stared at the ceiling. My room had never looked so small to me before.

Slowly I began walking over to the window, hoping to forget what I had seen. But of course it wasn't letting go. After just seconds of watching the scenery of Konoha began to change. Stone faces were disappearing, from seven to three, then again appearing only to be destroyed in the next second. The village followed by shrinking as it was in the past and afterwards it was just gone, like it had been when Pain had attacked.

How I had been here when Pain had attacked? I hadn't. At least I should't have been. But I had seen it in my dreams, I had seen the past, clearly, I could even move freely inside of it. Those were no ordinary dreams.

Knowing that my vision wouldn't allow me to stay in the present I began walking down the stairs to the kitchen where everyone was waiting for me already.

Waiting. For me. Everyone.

Tou-chan, Mom, Himawari.

As soon as my eyes spotted my little sister my body felt numb and pictures of the little girl lying in a pool of blood began to appear in front of me. Her smiling face which was forming my name with her frail lips was slowly becoming still. At the same moment I felt my right eye hurting, as if it was missing something. I knew what it was and it was making me throw up just thinking about it.

"Onii-chan, ohayou!!"

"Ohayou, Himawari..."

No matter how much I tried I couldn't keep up the enthusiasm anymore. I had tried my best for months but it was enough. I was at my limit. The sleepless nights, the visions, I didn't even know what reality and present even were anymore. I had tried to pretend and hide the fact that I was hurting but after all the screaming in the middle of the night when dad ran into my room to check on me or  when I woke up in the middle of Konoha not knowing how I had gotten there or the recent moments where I had fainted from exhaustion in the middle of the training, nothing could be hidden anymore.

They knew that something was wrong but until they didn't use a Yamanaka on me I wouldn't spill a bean.