Part 2: Change || Ch 30 || Fate

Boruto's pov:

I was lying on something fluffy and comfortable. As I slowly adapted to the light I found myself in a small room with a wooden table in the middle. My hand brushed the futon's material as I slowly tried to stand up. My feet felt heavy, I could barely control them making me only lift my upper body before I felt my chest burning as I tried to get some air into my lungs.

It felt as if each breath I took was cutting me with sharp knives. Though I could make out the furniture and walls of the room everything else was blurry as if someone had put a filter on it.

What had happened?

Slowly I remembered the dream and how I woke up in the woods my family and friends worrying.

I made them suffer again. That man, why did I see that? Who was he? Why couldn't he let me alone?

As I was thinking about the dream I had my eye responded to the thoughts shooting a deep pain through me. I held my face as if I could stop it by closing my eye though it didn't help as I expected.

Where is everyone? I have to get back.

Slowly my left arm put aside the blanket that had been covering me and I pulled myself forward crawling over the ground as I couldn't stand up.

"That's really a pitiful view, don't you think?"

I froze as I heard the female voice and looked around me rapidly though I couldn't spot anyone. It didn't sound familiar so I kept my guard up even though she was partly right, someone who couldn't move at all and tried to look cool was pathetic.

"Who is there?"

I was surprised that my voice came out fully and that the words had actually left my lips. Laughter erupted around me, I would have covered my ears if I had any more arms left.

"You should maybe look at me while we talk. We have something to discuss."

What did she mean? Who was she?

Turning my head again I still couldn't see anyone. I wondered whether my mind was playing tricks with me but I wouldn't say that something was impossible anymore after all the events that had happened.

"You can keep up rolling your head but please don't break your neck. By the way, that won't help you to see me. I'm standing in front of you kore."

Kore? Did she just say the same as Konohamaru-niichan?

Suddenly it hit me. I let my right arm that had been covering my eye drop and lilac chakra flew in the middle of the room. It slowly shaped itself to a woman I had seen once already.

Somewhere. Somewhere. I know her.

"Yes we do know each other. Better than you think."

I watched her in shock as she responded to my thoughts.

Could she...

"Yes I can read your mind. God, this is annoying, every time the same old reaction. And each time I would love to just fill you in with everything though sadly that would result in your death. But you are already experienced with that, aren't you?", she chuckled making a shiver run through me.

I stared at her in confusion. She knew so much. She knew everything.

"What do you want from me? Who are you?"

Deep down I had the feeling that I knew exactly who she was, that we had met already, not once but even knew each other for years. A sharp pain crossed me as I cursed under my breath making me collapse on the ground again.

"It's responding when you are trying to remember. Since I don't want you to absorb its power yet it will hurt each time we talk. That's the only way to save you for now."

"Save me? What are you talking about?"

"You still haven't connected the dots? I thought I made it clear enough."

It was. It was clear, but it seemed to surreal that I didn't want to believe it. But perhaps it had been her plan, perhaps it had been meant to happen.

"You couldn't be...are you Sarutobi Haru?"

"Ahhh~ it feels weird each time you call me by my name. I guess I am, or I was."

"You are...dead."

"Yeah, I am. As are you if I'm honest."

"What?"

"I don't know if it's already time to tell you everything. Even though I made a promise to you...hmm.", she stopped and continued watching me as she was thinking.

"I don't know how much you can take right now. It all changed. This path is new for me as well. Though I know what we could do."

She moved over to me as I was still lying on the ground struggling to stand up. Kneeling in front of me she lift up my chin, her fingers were cold as ice. As she was just inches away from me I finally noticed it.

"That's...the Jougan."

"Yes it is. Lovely eyes, though they kill the user. Listen, you can trust me, I'm on your side. This is something only you can do though I'm going to help you a bit. I could leave the Jougan all to you but you wouldn't like it. We have been over this already but we failed, that's all you need to know.
Remember the poor soul frozen in ice?", she asked making me flinch.

"That dream..."

"It wasn't a dream. I let you see through my eyes, or yours, but that's too confusing for you yet. I need you to save him from his prison."

"Who is he?"

"A friend. Someone who will help you with a Jougan. Don't worry, your parents know him as well, though they weren't best friends when they first met him."

My parents? Tou-chā and Ka-san knew about him?

"Why should I do that?", I asked clenching my teeth.

"Because it's your fate. I'm tired of explaining it all to you so I have an idea. Before we go on our little mission to rescue him you can try and steal something from your dad."

"What?"

"A diary, my diary. It will explain it to you, at least most things. Listen, you will not let the others get involved. They are not the ones who can save the future, you are. This power is yours. It was like a parasite in my body but it's part of you. Maybe with your blood you can overcome its curse."

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

She sighed and let my chin go making my face fall against the ground again.

"You will understand in time. Find the diary and we will talk again. Until then I'll let you go again."

"Why should I do that?"

"Why? Well, I'm trying to figure out a way to solve all this mess. There is an easier but you personally made me promise to not take that way and find a different solution."

"Me?"

"Yes. You. Even though you can't remember. Boruto, the moment you died it began. Time is mixed up. We need to fix a lot of things. And by your request we are going to achieve that without killing."

"What do you mean?"

"Well...if you want to know it so badly..."

Her face moved next to mine her icy breath stroking my skin and ear.

"...if you don't follow my command I will kill Uzumaki Naruto whether you like it or not. And I will do it by your hand. So think carefully whether you want to cooperate or not."