Part 2: Change || Ch 23 || Distance

Sasuke's pov:

What in the world was that?

Of course I hadn't left for real when I walked away from Boruto. Surprisingly he hadn't noticed me as I hid in the trees watching him. Just as he was about to complain he suddenly stopped his right eye starting to glow black, his blue pupil almost looking white in its light.

Is that the Jougan?

Just as I thought about what was happening Boruto suddenly stopped moving at all and stood frozen at one spot as if he was captured in a genjutsu. Strange chakra slowly surrounded him, making me ask myself whether I should step in and help or watch and see what would happen. The chakra was something I had never felt before. It seemed stronger than Naruto's and mine together - maybe it even seemed like the chakra level Otsutsuki possessed. Boruto's face became expressionless as he continued to stare down onto the ground being swallowed by the chakra.

Suddenly the chakra changed, forming a young woman, a shinobi I suspected due to her clothes. Looking closer she had the same eyes as Boruto - the only difference that Boruto's left eye was closed while she had both open with the Jougan.

I continued watching them though they weren't moving at all.

Damn it.

Even though I could see clearer shapes with my Rinnegan I realized that that was my limit, whatever else was happening it was invisible to me.

Just as I was about to jump down and free him I heard new footsteps approaching and familiar voices calling the blonde's name.

"Boruto!"

They ran up to him and after multiple failing attempts to bring him back Sarada decided to get a bit more violent - it reminded me too much of Sakura making me gulp and remembering never to get on her bad side.

I waited for Boruto's response as his teammates were asking him with worry how he was feeling just to be shocked as Boruto coldly denied them and left them standing in the woods. He responded as if he didn't even care about them.

He changed...again. What is happening this time? It's not the karma so it must be the Jougan. What in the world is that eye?

Even though I wanted to go and support the two of them I decided it was best to continue following Boruto. As he headed back to the village I noticed that his own chakra was surrounded by another strange chakra nature. They were slowly mixing together but I could still see Boruto's chakra clearly.

As he approached the gates the Ino-Shika-Cho trio came rushing over to him only to be denied like team 7 before.

Did he not recognize his friends anymore?

Before I could wonder more Boruto was already on the move with me as his shadow. I was surprised when I saw him entering the Sarutobi clan's house.

Sarutobi. The jutsu. He was hiding something.

Immediately Konohamaru was next to Boruto asking him because of his impossible behavior only to be rejected by Boruto as well. Soon Konohamaru realized that it was useless to try and talk to him making him accept his request to get information about the Sarutobi clan. As they stepped inside I left again returning to the gate to find now five young genin standing there.