Part 2: Change || Ch 38 || Hatred

Boruto's pov:

My back was burning as I rolled over the floor and crashed through the paper walls behind me. I found myself covered in debris, wooden planks dragging my lower body down and a heavy dust cloud making me cough.

Somewhere I was able to hear another scream, something that sounded like my name. But before my head was able to move and adjust my sight a sharp pain spread through my right eye making me cover it with my hand. As if someone had paralyzed me my body was glued to the spot while I struggled to fight the needles spreading around my arm up to my head.

Through my blurry vision I somehow spotted the dark lines on my skin and cursed. Still this was no time to think about my body and what was happening but it was more important to get my attention back to the battle which had erupted around us. Something had attacked us and that something was standing in front of us as sticky droll was falling from its mouth.

Pale white skin covered its body with black lines stretching themselves around its limbs as it let out a horrific scream piercing my ears and making them almost bleed. It felt as if every other sound had disappeared and my body continued to torture me, every part of me feeling cut and sewn together to hold me in place for another while.

Biting my lip I tried dragging myself from the wooden planks which had fallen on my legs making me unable to get away. Thankfully the enemy hadn't attacked me yet but just as the thought crossed my mind a shadow loomed over me before I felt somehow heavy hit me on the back of my head.

"Argh!", I spat as the pain shot through me like lightning and my body collapsed under me as my arms lost any power they had to carry my weight.

"Boruto! Damn it...Kurama let's go!", my dad shouted and another crash made the shadow disappear from me.

As I adjusted my vision to see my dad in his Kurama mode and advancing towards the enemy the weight on my legs suddenly disappeared and I turned around to see Mitsuki lifting the planks as Konohamaru-niichan put me on his back.

"They are after Boruto.", Sarada realized and shot a worried look over to me.

"What are those creatures? They look like the white Zetsu but...", Konohamaru-niichan exhaled.

"They also seem to look like the Otsutsuki. The mark...", Sakura-san continued and her gaze slid over to my body.

"Boruto seems to react to their presence.", Mitsuki concluded while watching me making me almost blush as his clear eyes seemed to drag the emotions stored inside of me out.

"Great...now would you put me down, I can stand'ttebasa."

"Really? With those legs? You are as stubborn as Naruto but you don't have his healing abilities. Your legs are completely broken at the moment, that plank had hit just the right spot. I need to start healing you as soon as possible or-"

Getting annoyed of even more instructions I slid down from Konohamaru's back to find myself losing my balance for a second before my legs again adjusted to the weight they had to carry.

Indeed it had felt as if they were broken and no more than useless flesh but as Sakura-san had spoken I felt Chakra storing itself inside of them and the strength building itself again.

"What, but how-"

"Does that really matter now? I wanna know who those things are so I'm gonna help my dad.", I announced and with a kick leaped into the air to get a clear image of the scene.

Only one opponent and yet it seemed strong enough for my dad to use the Kurama mode. Just what in the world was that thing? A cry shot through the battlefield and To-chā released one of his favourite Jutsus, the Rasengan. As it collided with the white surface it formed a giant explosion and revealing a giant whole in its chest.

That should kill it for sure.

I landed next to my dad as the figure fell down onto the ground and got an angry gaze from my dad only to be followed by a shocked expression as he moved his eyes further down onto my arm and right eye.

So I guess the Jougan was activated as well....

Just as we were sure the monster would stay on the ground dead it jumped forward, the hole in his chest closing itself as the cells around the corners began to regenerate and duplicate themselves. The cold claws were around my neck in an instant even before my dad could react and cut through the flesh that was chocking me.

Yet the second they were separated the flesh grew back and the grip around me stayed making me cry out for air. Another cut, yet even the Kurama strength wasn't helping, the faceless monster continued to make my lungs getting squeezed and begging for air.

It was as if this enemy was not even bothered getting cut and attacked from all sides. As if it was just a brainless machine made for combat without a sense for pain.

Slowly my vision was becoming blurry and my mind was screaming for something to happen, to make this stop, otherwise I would be out of oxygen any second and even worse dead.

This can't end here...this can't end like this!

"I will not be defeated that easily!", I screamed whether with my voice or another I didn't know but in the next second black and blue chakra formed itself in front of me and the white claw around me was sucked in into a portal as if it hadn't even existed before.

As soon as fresh air was caught in my lungs my hands moved by themselves grabbing an invisible sword and to an unknown command a blue blade formed itself in my grip made of chakra. In a swift and quick motion my arm moved forward, the blade cutting deep into the monster's neck severing its head from the rest of the body as sticky black liquid was released like a fountain before the white being crumbled into pieces on the muddy ground.

I watched the white remains lying motionlessly in front of me as my chest was rising and falling quickly, seeking the oxygen that my body desperately needing. I barely noticed my hand still grabbing the blade tightly as it slowly moved up and down while the rest of me was shaking.

For some reason I couldn't move my eyes away from the creature, for some reason my chest felt heavy as if I had seen those before and for some reason I felt pure anger and hatred for those beings.

Hatred that consumed me from head to toe, pure rage flaming up inside of me the flames of vengeance dancing around me as my chakra was longing to cut those down once and for all.

I gritted my teeth and gulped before I could finally turn around and look my dad into his eyes.

My own reflection was staring back at me, tired and panting but not that of a teenage boy but of a young adult, whose face a scar was crossing over his black and blue eye followed by snowy skin and black marks all over it.