Chapter 13: You Are Not Her

Start from the beginning

The set up was that, people would not be asked to pay an entrance fee to enjoy the performances but we have to have at least a single purchase from the menu they have. It was quite a nice idea, and the place was really peaceful too. When I have sat on the seat that I have chosen, a staff (probably a member too) approached me to get my order. I've already eaten much on the booths that I had visited so I just ordered a cup of iced americano.

"The first performance will start in fifteen minutes. For the mean time, you can enjoy yourselves here eating snacks and sipping from your drinks. We also have books in our mini library over there. You could grab one if it interests you. Just be sure to return it safely." A man talked in the microphone.

While waiting for my drink to be served, I roamed my eyes around to admire the interior design that they did. I was busy looking when a pair of eyes met mine just near the café's entrance. I just gave her small smile as a form of courtesy and then I tried looking at other directions as if I was examining the place.

Not long after, the girl, Yoojung, approached my table.

"Hello. You quite look familiar, have we met before?" She said giving me a smile that reeks of fakeness. I don't know if I'm just being judgmental because of what she did to Hyewon but I'm not comfortable with her presence. I'll just try to avoid interacting with her as much as I can.

"Maybe you saw me at the library with her not too long ago." I answered her, giving back a smile. 'But I saw you way before that when you had cruelly dumped Hyewon in a freaking public place.' She doesn't need to know that though, I guess.

"Mind if I sit here?" 'Oh myghadniss, you would really do me a huge favor if you wouldn't.'

"Yeah, of course, sure." 'Yuri, you liar.' I internally scolded myself.

"Hyewon invited me here." Panimula n'ya, para bang nais n'yang makipagkwentuhan ako sa kanya. 'Duh. Hindi naman tayo close.' I swear, hindi talaga ako maldita and I'm nice to everyone. There's just something about her aura which causes my blood to boil even if I can't exactly pinpoint what it is.

"Oh really? She also invited me here."

"I think she's trying to win me back. I mean, we're exes so I thought why not give her another chance." She said giggling. 'Ang landi, badtrip.'

"Sml?" I just blurted out.

"What? Anong sml?" She said, raising her eyebrows on me.

"Oh, I meant, so much love! Nag-uumapaw siguro 'yong pagmamahalan n'yo dati." I tried to subtly emphasized the word 'dati'. "But, oh really, is that the case? I thought she's the type of person na very neat when it comes to herself and to her things." I told her.

"Yeah? I guess so? And how exactly does that relate on what I had told you a while ago?" she said, a bit confused. 'Ay, muntik ko nang maalala, slow nga pala 'to sa pag-intindi ng mga metaphors. Pero mabuti na rin 'yon, baka awayin pa ako nito. Bigyan ko na lang s'ya ng konting clue.'

"Ano...wala naman, random thought lang. Naisip ko lang, sa pagkakakilala ko kasi kay Hyewon, 'di na n'ya pinupulot 'pag basura na. Nako, mahirap pa naman magkasakit sa ngayon. Kaya mamaya, sasabihin ko sa kanya na tigilan na n'ya 'yung pagre-recycle ng basura. Why should she settle for a trash when she can definitely find someone-este, something unused?" I looked straight into her eyes when I said the last line. I then plastered an annoying grin on my face as I looked in front afterwards.

"Are you perhaps, indirectly calling me a garbage?" 'Ay masyado yatang napasobra 'yong clue na binigay ko that's why she managed to caught on.'