Six months later

Alaric POV

My mum is still going strong. Her time is almost up but she's holding on. Me and Brinley had been spending a lot of time with her. We've been alright as well. Everyone at school call us the cutest couple.

"I'm off to bed. Love you." I kissed my mums cheek.

"Love you to Bebito. A la Luna y de regreso." She smiled at me.

"A la Luna y de regreso." I smiled back at her.
~~~~~~~

When I woke up, I heard jasper and the others down stairs. I went to my mums room to wake her up for breakfast.

I knocked on the door but didn't get an answer. After a few minutes, I opened the door and went inside. There I saw my mum laid on her bed. Her skin had gone pale.

Tears formed in my eyes, just looking at her I knew she was gone.

"Mamá?" I called her name as I walked closer to her. When my hand met hers, her skin was cold. I checked for a pulse but felt nothing.

"Jace." I yelled as tears streamed down my face. Many footsteps sounded as Jace, Emilio, jasper and Henry came in.

"She's gone." I whispered.

"I'm sorry mate. Come out of the room and wait for the funeral home to come get her." Jace sighed.

"No. I want to stay with her until they get here." I shook my head as my hand tightened on my mums.

Jasper sat with me until the men came.

"Rick we have to let her go now." Jasper put his hand on my shoulder. I know he was hurting as well but he wanted to be strong for both of us.

I nodded as tears still fell down my cheeks. I stood up and kissed my mothers forehead. "La a Luna y de regreso." I whispered then left the room with jasper.

Minutes later they come out with my mums body in a bag. Everyone sat with me until I had to be alone.

After an hour of being on my own in my room, the door opened and closed again. My back was to the door so I don't know who it was. Small feet padded on the wood then the bed dipped.

"Jace told me what happened." Brinley's voice whispered in my ear as she kissed my cheek.

"Yeah. I found her a couple hours ago." I told her.

"It'll be ok. I promise, you have me." She held me close to her.

"I know. But she's still my mum." I sighed. Brinley moved me so I was facing her. She pulled my head so my face was buried between her boobs.

"I've always like being here." I mumbled.

"I bet you do." She laughed.

My hand went to her flat belly. When I took her virginity, she didn't get pregnant. Brinley was pretty upset but she got over it. She cried for the first day she got her period.

"I'm going to put a baby there one day." I said as my thumb rubbed circles on her belly.

"One day." She kissed the top of my head.
~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since my mum had passed. It's the day of her funeral. Me, Jace, Salvatore, Elijah and Levi all carried her coffin. It's was a beautiful white one with red roses on top.

My mum didn't want sad songs at her funeral. She always told me she wanted up beat songs so it would make people laugh more than cry. So as I carried her into the chapel, this girl on fire was playing by Alicia keys.

What made people laugh was that my mum wanted to be cremated so this song was a good one to play. I remember the day she told me she wanted to be cremated and this song to play.

After the ceremony, everyone walked out and gathered before the wake. We chose to have her wake at the pub she met jasper in. My mum had a night out with Levi, Luna, Lexi and willow.

They had all thought jasper was good looking but he just had his eyes on my mum. The day I met him, I hated him. I thought he was taking my mum away from me.

But when he started coming round the house regularly, bringing me sweets and toys. One day we had a conversation and I got to know him. Ever since that day, jasper has always been my dad.

Then he asked me if it was ok if he could marry my mum. In a heartbeat I said yes. Eight months later my mum and dad were on their honey moon.

Yeah I'll miss the times it was just me and my mum. But jasper made us both happy. He made our family complete and gave me someone to call dad.

That day he told me when my mum passed he would always be there for me. My love for him only grew. Jasper will always be my dad even if it's not true.

While I was sat in the pub, I had a beer in my hand. Brinley had come to support me but had to go home. Marco had family over so Brinley had to be there. No matter how much she argued with me that she would stay, I told her to leave and that I would be ok.

That is why ladies and gents, I love that small 4'10 girl. She makes me happy like jasper made my mum happy.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a woman and man behind me.

"Why are we here? It's not like she means anything to you." The woman whispered yelled.

"I'm here to give my respects, Mary. She did have my oldest son don't forget." A familiar deep voice said. Quinn was here with his wife.

"And? She was just a whore that died. It doesn't matter, you don't even know anything about the bastard of a son." She said.

I immediately stood up and pulled my gun on her. "Got something to say about my mother?"

"Ugh." She scoffed. "Sit down little boy. This is adult talk."

"I'm not a little boy. So if you have nothing good to say about my dead mother, you get the fuck out." I glared at her.

She scoffed once more before walking out of the pub. Quinn was still behind me but I sat down and drank my beer.

"I'm sorry for your loss." He said.

"Nothing to be sorry for. Death is all around us. She was just taken to early." I sighed.

"Maybe we-," Quinn started but was cut off.

"Ricky." Jasper called me.

"Yeah dad." I called back over.

"Are you ready to cut the flowers?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm on my way." I said then stood up.

"Alaric." Quinn stopped me. "I would really like it if you met your brothers and sister."

"I don't have family other than the ones I live with. Goodbye Quinn." I told him before walking over to jasper.

"You alright mate?" He asked me with glossed over eyes.

"No. Do you know who invited him?" I looked at him.

"Levi I believe."

"Ok." I nodded.