Our spot

Alaric POV

After a couple minutes of driving, I felt Brinley relax. Her breathing went even so I know she was asleep. Whenever we had sleepovers we would always share a bed since she slept better.

My mum and her dad didn't have a problem with it as they knew I would never make a move on her. All they know is that we are just best friends but I want more.

I want to tell her but I know she doesn't feel the same about me. It's hard seeing her with other guys but I know she's happy and that's all that matters to me.

Eventually, I parked the car and turned it off. "Brin, baby it's time to wake up, we're here."

Her eyes fluttered open showing her emerald green orbs. If I could I would get lost in her eyes for hours on end.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, limited going up because of the seat belt. I unplugged it so she could stretch more.

"Ready?" I asked her. She nodded then laid back on me. I chuckled then opened the door and got out. Brinley hung to me as I walked through woods.

After half an hour, I got to our spot that we found when we were eleven. We were on our bikes for a bike ride and somehow I convinced Brinley to go through the woods with me.

In the end we found a little dock connected to a beautiful lake. We go there every time Brinley's upset as it makes her feel better. When it's the summer, we run off from our group of friends and swim in the lake.

It hot today so I might swim but Brinley might not. She doesn't like the cold water but I find it relaxing and refreshing.

I walked to the end of the dock and sat down, putting Brinley next to me. She laid her head on my shoulder as our feet dangled close to the water.

"I'm going for a swim, want to come?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure." She smiled. We both stood up, I took off my T-shirt and handed it to her since she felt insecure about only being in her bra and panties.

I took off my jeans, shoes and socks then got in. I went under to wet my hair then came back up to see Brinley trying to pull my T-shirt to cover her body more.

I swam to the edge waiting for her to sit down. Once she did, I put my hands on her waist and helped her into the water.

We moved away from each other after that and swam around, listening to the birds chirp and the small breeze of the wind.

Brinley never wanted me near her when we swam because she didn't like her body. But to me she was perfect. Everything about her was beautiful, from her cute button nose to her feet.

Yeah she had curves, what girls would say, in all the wrong places but in reality, she didn't. Yeah ok she wasn't the skinniest person in school with thick thighs and a bit of a belly. But she also had curves in all the right places.

You can even ask joey and my mates that whenever we go out and she's in front of me talking to others, Joey has to hit me to stop me from looking at her arse. Same when we're at school, I can't help but look at her whole body.

When Brinley is wasn't facing my direction, I swam up to her and put my arms around her waist. I buried my face in the crook of her neck and placed light kisses on her.

She sniffled so I lifted up my head to see tears streaming down her cheeks. If only I could take her pain away. Around everyone else I showed no emotion and kept my face mostly neutral. But around joey and Brinley, I showed them what I was feeling, especially brin.

"Why are you crying?" I whispered as I kept placing soft kisses on her shoulder and neck.

"I thought Harley was the one. I was starting to feel good about myself and I wanted to give him my virginity because I felt ready. But then I caught him doing kissing that girl." She cried.

"When I saw him the first time in that secluded area, I saw him actually having sex with her. Then when you found him he stopped and just kissed her. I'm so dumb to think I could trust someone like him." She added.

"You are not dumb, you are far from it. Abeja you are the smartest person I know. He shouldn't have done that to you at all. No one deserves to be cheated on especially you. Brin he is a fool for cheating and no one can compare to the kindness you show others." I hugged her closer to my chest.

"Why have you stayed friends with me all these years? You are popular and have so many girls that are perfect and skinny. Why do you stay with me when I'm ugly and fat." She sobbed.

"Don't you fucking dare do that to yourself." I turned her to look at me. "Fuck sake Brinley when will you see that you are none of those things. You are fucking perfect so stop getting yourself down." I told her sternly.

"I'm not perfect though, Alaric. If I was perfect I would be popular like you. I'd have more friends. I'm not skinny or beautiful like the girls you hook up with. I can't keep a relationship because all boys want is sex. And I'm scared to lose my virginity, so they leave."

"You need to calm the fuck down, Brinley. You are perfect just the way you are and if any guys have a problem with your flaws then screw them. They don't deserve your kindness or love. Trust me brin, I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't true. So dry your eyes and be happy. I don't like seeing my best friend hurt so get a damn grip and smile."

Brinley giggled at me telling her off for getting herself down. "There you go. There's that smile I've know and love. Come on you can stay at mine tonight and I'll take you to school tomorrow." I told her.