Why?

Alaric POV

As Brinley slept on me, I drove to the top of a hill where you could see all over the city. It started getting dark so you could see all the street lamps glowing and house lights on.

After an hour of sitting there, Brinley started to stir. I looked down at her and was met with her emerald green eyes. A smile formed on her face as she looked up at me tiredly, making me smile to.

"What are you smiling at?" I chuckled at her.

"You're so beautiful." She whispered and put her hand on my cheek.

"And so are you. So beautiful, Brinley." I leaned down at kissed her nose. The bridge of her nose crinkled when I pulled away making me laugh at her.

"You hungry?" I asked her since there was a burger van a couple feet away from my car.

"No." She sighed and laid her cheek on my chest.

I put my fingers under chin and lifted her up to look at me. "What do you want?"

"Nothing Alaric." Brinley huffed.

"You've only eaten breakfast today. You've got to be hungry so what do you want?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Can I get a small bag of chips please?" She whispered.

I sighed. "Yeah. Sit in the passenger side then. I won't be long."

Brinley got off me and sat down. I got out of the car and went up to the van. I was familiar with both of the people that cooked as well.

"Where is she?" One of the older women, Jolene asked me referring to Brinley.

"Car. She's not eating properly and I don't know what to do." I told her.

"Poor girl, I hope she's ok. What can I get for you, Alaric." The other woman heather sighed.

"I'll take a large bacon burger. A small bag of chips and a small bacon burger as well." I told her getting me wallet out.

"Do you want cheese with them burgers?" Heather looked at me. I nodded with a smile. "Ok that'll be £7.90."

I took out a ten pound note and gave it to her. "Keep the change." I said with a smirk and a wink.

"You're to young for me, Rick. Don't be winking at me boy, I'll tell ya mamma." Heather joked.

"Not a chance. I might be older than I actually am." I laughed.

"You've been coming here all your life with Jace, I know exactly how old you are and you are too young." Jolene joined in.

"Ah come on. Age is just a number ladies." I annoyed them. They always joked around with me and jace saying how much of good looking men we are. 

"Oh hush mister. Here's your food, have a good evening." They both laughed and gave me the stuff.

"Thanks ladies." I winked at them again and walked away.

When I got to the car, Brinley had her legs up to her chest and her forehead rested on her knees. She looked up at me when I opened the door.

I got in and sat down. "I got you a small bacon burger and a small bag of chips we can share."

She sighed but nodded. I started eating my burger along with some of the chips while Brinley took small bites.

When I finished my food and half of the chips, I looked at the small girl next to me to see she still had three quarters of her burger left.

"Brin why aren't you eating? You are usually almost done by now." I sighed.

"I'm just not hungry." She put her food down and looked out of the window.

"Brinley you have to eat or you'll get sick. Come on just eat a bit more, or finish the chips at least." I tried with her.

"I'm not hungry, Alaric." Her voice got a little louder.

"Bullshit brin. Fucking eat because not only will your dad kick my arse but my mum. So eat something."

"No Alaric. I don't want to eat anything." Brinley yelled. I was taken back a little since she never shouted at me.

"Brinley you're really started to fuck me off. Just eat. Why aren't you eating properly?"

"Just drop it. I don't want to talk about it." She turned away from me, looking out of the window.

"Don't you fucking turn away from me." I moved her to look at me. "What the hell is fucking wrong with you?"

"Fuck you Alaric." She shouted at me then got out running away from the car.

I immediately got out and followed her. She ran down the hill and to the trail with large bushes either side of it. Brinley was small so she could easily hide from me so I had to be careful to not walk past her.

After a few minutes, I saw her sat on the beach watching the sea. I could hear her sniffles and sobs from where I was standing. Quietly i walked over to her and sat down.

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

"It's like you want me to feel self conscious about my body." She whispered.

"Is that why you won't eat? Because you feel fat and not pretty enough?" I scoffed and she nodded.

I pulled my legs up to my chest and put my forehead on my knees, pulling my hair angrily.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you're beautiful. If no one can take you as you are then they don't deserve you at all. Brinley you're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and no one should tell you otherwise."

"I don't know. I just always feel unhappy what I look at myself then at all the girls in school. They are so skinny and perfect and pretty. Then there's me. I'm short fat and I'm so ugly, I just don't want to feel like this anymore." She sobbed.

I pulled her so she was close to my side and her head fell on my shoulder. If there was one thing I hated most in the world, it would be Brinley upset.

I hate that I can't make her see what I see. I love her so much but what I want, is for her to love herself.