Best friends

Alaric POV (14 years later)

While I was sat at school with my group of friends, I saw my best friend, Brinley walking around a corner with tears in her eyes.

"Where are you going?" One of my mates, jack asked me as I walked away from the group.

"Somewhere." I called back then carried on walking over to her. She didn't see me coming so I walked up to her and picked her up.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I went around a corner and pushed her against the wall while holding her up.

"Tell me who did it?" I demanded.

"It's fine, Alaric. Please just leave it." Brinley cried.

"Fuck no. What kind of best friend would I be if I don't stand up for you. Now tell me who did it." I told her.

"I caught Harley kissing another girl." She gave in. I let her down then walked away from her ignoring her begs to forget about it.

When I found her boyfriend, I pulled him away from kissing the girl and punched him. He fell to the floor so I hovered over him and punched him a few more times.

"You are done with Brinley. If I see you so much as look in her direction I will kill you. I fucking mean it, don't cross with her or I'll beat your arse again. Am I understood?" I spat out to him.

"Yeah." He nodded. I let him go and he ran off with the girl trailing after him.

When I turned around, I saw Brinley walking away. "Brinley." I called her, she looked at me then ran off.

I ran towards her but she was with her friends. It didn't matter, I walked up to her and put her over my shoulder.

"Put me down Alaric. I swear to-," she punched my back and kicked her legs.

"What are you gonna do? Huh? Next time you walk away from me, Brinley I fucking mean it, I will break your fucking legs." I cut her off.

"Just put me down, Alaric. I want to be alone." She cried. I put her down against a wall and trapped her with my body and arms.

"Didn't look like it when you were talking to your friends there. I'm your best friend, Brin, I don't like seeing you hurt because of some douche bag." I caressed her cheek.

She leaned into my touch as my thumb rubbed her cheek. I pulled her into a hug and she cried. Her sobs were muffled by my chest making my T-shirt wet but I didn't mind.

I kissed the top of her head and held her close to me tightly. She is the most caring, sweetest person I know so I don't know why he would kiss another girl.

"Let's ditch the rest of the day. Come on we'll go to our spot and swim or something? How does that sound?" I pulled her back and smiled at her.

"Yeah. I really need a distraction." She laughed through her tears.

"I know another way." I smirked and winked at her.

"Is that all you think about it sex? Just because you can get any girls doesn't mean you can get me to. I don't want to ruin our friendship." She hit my chest.

I chuckled at her and pouted. "Oh come on, Brinley. I haven't had any action in five days."

"Eww, your so gross. How are you my best friend?" She giggled emphasising the work best.

I put my arm around her shoulders and walked out of the school building towards my mates. "Because you love me so much. And because of that love, we are best friends."

As we got closer to my mates, they all started cheering and smiling at me. "Got some then Alaric?" James, another of the Boys smirked.

"Nah bro you know Brinley's like a sister to me." I said then kissed the top of her head making her blush.

"You alright babes? Looks like you've been crying." Mine and Brinley's other, Joey asked her. He's gay but makes up our trio.

I met Brinley when we were three, we were born on the same day but I'm three hours older than her. When we got to year three we met joey and we became a trio. They both know that I grew up in the gang life and don't judge me for it. That's why I love them.

Obviously joey is just friend love but I love love Brinley. She's been my partner in crime my whole life and was always there for me in my hardest times.

As you can say, I've fallen for my best friend and no one will change that. I may be a player but she's the only one on my mind. Brinley's a virgin and has never done anything sexual with a guy or herself.

She says it's weird and seems gross. Me and the boys tell her different but she just brushes it off. She's so innocent and cute, I can't help but just stare at her. That's when joey or one of the boys hits me so I snap out of it.

"Yeah. Uh I caught Harley kissing another girl so I broke up with him." She let a few tears fall and sniffled. I picked her up where her legs and arms wrapped around me again.

She cried into the crook of my neck making it come out quiet and muffled.

"I'm going to take her home. She doesn't need all this shit today. See you boys later." I told them and walked to my car.

I sat down with Brinley still holding on to me. I put the seat belt over her then started driving. It didn't matter if we were caught, I could get out of it since Carter would pay off the police.

He took over the gang from Emilio three years ago and I was his right hand man. Even though Brinley knows I've killed people before, she still stuck by my side and never left.