Why are you here?

Alaric POV

When I woke up this morning, me and Brinley were still in the same position as last nigh. Me on my back with her laid on my chest. She was still asleep which made me not want to wake her. She's so calm and peaceful.

A few minutes later, I finally shake her awake. Brinley's eyes fluttered open and her green eyes looked up at me.

"No. Let me sleep." She whined and buried her face into my chest.

"Ok while you sleep I'll change you. But when we get to school you have to wake up." I told her.

"How much longer will I have?" She asked.

"Two hours baby. When the bell goes thats when I'll wake you." She nodded and I felt her relax. Not even a minute later she was out cold.

I chuckled at her then got up. I laid Brinley on the bed while I got clothes for us. She usually wears leggings so it would be easy to change her.

I got her usual cotton underwear, grey leggings and one of my T-shirt's. Once I got that for her, I walked back over to the bed and sat down.

After taking off her shorts and, my T-shirt, I lifted her upper body up to mine so I could put her bra on. When I did that, I pulled the panties up her legs then did the same with the leggings. Once she I was done, I pulled my T-shirt over her head then she was done.

After that, I quickly showered and put my usual black jeans on with a matching T-shirt to Brinley. When I was dressed, I brushed my teeth then put my shoes and socks on.

As Brinley slept like a log, I put socks on her then picked her up. Her arms lazily hung over my shoulders as I held her up by her thighs.

I was the only one awake which was good because to others, it would look like I've murdered the small girl in my arms. Skilfully, I picked up our bags and Brinley's shoes. Once I got to the car, I threw the bags and her shoes in the back.

I got in the drivers side with Brinley still in my arms then put the seatbelt over us. As I started driving, Brinley whined a little and tensed but relaxed when I rubbed her back.

Once we got to school, I parked the car but didn't get out. I took the seatbelt off then pulled out my phone. We still had an hour until our first lesson. I was tempted to wake her up so I would have someone to talk to but decided against it.

After a few minutes of scrolling through Instagram, the passenger door opened and Felix got in. He looked at Brinley and I saw jealousy in his eyes.

"Alright?" I looked at him.

"Yeah. Just wanted to talk to you about something." He sighed.

"What's up?" I sat back but kept one arm around the small, sleeping girl on my lap.

"I like Brinley. Like, really like her. I was wondering if I could ask her out." Felix said. Keep calm. Keep calm.

"Why are you asking me? I'm not Brinley." I told him.

"Because you're her best friend, and we're mates so I don't want it to be awkward. So I wanted to ask before I acted." He looked everywhere but me.

"I don't mind. If that's what she wants then I can't stop her from being happy. But I swear to fucking god if you hurt her I will kill you. And that's not a damn threat it's a promise." I told him.

"Yeah, I promise. I'll treat her better than Harley." Felix nodded.

"Good." I spat out. He then got out of the car and walked away. For the rest of the time, I just watched Brinley. I remembered I told her to wear her hair up but she slept, so I pulled her hair up and tied it into a high ponytail. I smirked when I saw the hickey on show.
~~~~~

In fourth period, I was sat in my English class watching Brinley once again. Luckily I was at the back so Felix couldn't see me. I watched him throw a piece of paper on her desk but she ignored it, more interested on the lesson.

"Alaric Black to mr Davidson's office ASAP please." The announcer called out. I sighed and picked up my bag.

"What did you do?" Brinley stopped me as I walked past her.

I bent down to her level and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Nothing your beautiful mind should worry about."

I walked out of the classroom and went to the office. When I got there, I knocked on the door. Mr Davidson called me in, but who I saw made my blood boil.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I glared at Quinn and Marco.

"Language, Alaric." Mr Davidson scolded me.

"Shut it old man. Why the fuck did you let him here?" I turned my glare to him.

"Son I want to get to know you." Quinn sighed.

"I'm not your son." I spat out. "I thought I got the message across when I told my mother that I didn't want to see you at all."

"Just hear me out. You have a little sister and brothers. They want to know their big brother." He told me.

"I am nothing to you or them. I don't have family other than my name and the ones I live with. Fucking leave."

"Please, Alaric. Just meet them and maybe you'll get along with them. They really want to meet you." Quinn begged me.

"Fuck no. Leave or I'll make you."

"Come on, Rick-," he started.

"You have no right to call me that." I cut him off.

"Well that pretty little thing you love so much does. Why can't your dad?" He smirked. That's when I flipped.

I dropped my bag and lunged at him. My fist connected to his cheek then I grabbed his neck and dragged him out of the school.

Students and teachers came out of their rooms to see what all the commotion was. They all gasped when they saw me, just a teenager dragging the almighty Quinn Jackson.

When we got outside, I pushed him to the floor where he immediately got up and faced me.

"Don't you fucking talk about her like that. I'll kill you myself if I have to. Won't be the first time I've taken a life." I yelled at him.

A bunch of gasps were heard behind me. I looked around to see men in black holding guns up at me with students watching everything unfold.