Father and son bonding

Alaric POV

"Alaric you need to calm down. These men don't know that your my son so they'll shoot." Quinn whispered to me.

"I don't give a fuck. You may have been the one to get my mother pregnant but you are not my dad. I have a better one since you was off with some whore from Spain."

"I loved your mum so much." He stated.

"Bullshit. If you loved her then you would have tried harder to get her back. Not just let her leave like that. Fucking leave and tell your men to stand down."

"Don't tell me what's bullshit, Alaric. I'm your father and you will respect me." He yelled.

Before he could say anything else, I swung my fist at him. It knocked him to the ground and I got over him, punching Quinn over and over.

"Brin no." I heard Marco shout but barley. As I kept on punching Quinn, I pulled my arm back again but was stopped by a small body wrapping herself on mine.

I knew it was Brinley from the amount of times I've held her. And her height, she's the only girl I know that is smaller than 5ft. I stopped what I was doing then wrapped my arms around the small body.

Quinn was helped up by Marco as his men kept their guns on me. That made me angrier so I pulled out my hand gun from the waist band of my jeans. Safety first as Elijah always told me.

"Cover your ears and hide your face." I whispered to Brinley. Just like that, she covered her ears, squeezed her eyes closed and buried her face into my chest.

"Tell your men to stand down or one goes right now." I looked at Quinn.

"Just listen to me." Was all he said. I lifted up my hand more and shot a man closest to me.

Screams were heard behind me from students and Brinley hid her face into me more. "Stand down." Quinn yelled.

All the men put their guns pointed to the floor. I put a protective arm around the small human close to me but kept my gun up. It wasn't much, a colt python gun. It was a gift from Levi for my fourteenth birthday.

Brinley hated it. She didn't like me killing people but never left me either. She respects what I do but still complains to me.

"Alaric Black what would your mother say?" A all to familiar voice said behind me.

"Since when were you back from Spain?" I asked him.

"I've come to visit my favourite godson." I heard the smirk in his voice.

"After four months away? Nice to know you still think of me." I rolled my eyes while putting my gun back in the waist band of my jeans and putting my T-shirt over it.

"Oh baby, I was to busy drinking and having one night stands. I just came back because I had some business to attend to." Levi sighed.

When I turned around, he was stood there with his hands in his pockets. "What business is that?" I asked.

"Just some stuff. And to see your mum. Mate I think you should go home and talk to her." He told me.

"Stay with joey. Don't talk to anyone and wait for me to pick you up after school." I looked down at Brinley.

"Ok." She whispered and nodded. I leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips but to others it would look like I kissed her cheek.

Joey came over and took Brinley back into the school. Everyone else looked scared except Jamie, Matt, Craig and Logan, they all knew I was in a gang out of my friend group.

Felix, Jonah, Hugh and Lawrence looked scared. "Coming?" I looked at Levi.

"Hell yeah. Are you going to speed?" He got excited.

"Of course I am." I smirked. Some of the guys looked jealous of me after they heard about me speeding.

"Won't you get arrested?" Someone called out.

"Nah bro. Not when you know the Di'Angelo's." I smirked then walked to my car with Levi. I saw Quinn and his men leave the school so I started driving.

"So what does my mum have to tell me?" I asked Levi.

"It's not for me to tell you. Just wait until you get there to find out." He sighed.

"Is it bad news?" I gulped having and bad feeling.

Levi stayed silent so I took that as my answer. It was bad news and I don't think I could handle that. So many scenarios went through my head as I sped down the road.

In a matter of minutes, we got back to the house and went inside. My mum was crying on the sofa with jasper hugging her with tears in his eyes as well.

Jace looked angry as well as upset. Elijah, Tara, Luna, Damon and Salvatore were all there as well.

"I didn't think it would be this bad." My mum whispered.

"Didn't think what would be that bad?" I asked making myself known. A lump formed in my throat that made me feel uneasy.