Chapter 48- Naming Some Things I Love About You

(Same day) - 5:30 PM

Luke's POV:

Alina screams and screams in her sleep, but I can't seem do anything. She won't wake up, even if I try different ways. I asked Sam if he had any ideas, but he told me to just leave her be or else she'll get aggressive in her sleep. So I wait here for her to wake up...

Maybe I shouldn't have brought her here to sleep...

After the one sided argument we had, Samuel came up and put a tiny sleeping spell on her (my mental request). I guess she still thought we were arguing and she progressively got fearful and scared of the dream she was stuck in.

"LUKE!" Her blood curdling scream echoes around the dark room and she starts to cry brutally as her hands cover her mouth. Her whole body starts shaking viscously and I lean back, awaiting the next thing she'll do. "1...2...3...4...5..." Her voice is shaky and fearful as Alina speaks and she rubs her eyes before looking around.

"No! No! No! It's not true! It's not...S-Samuelll~!" Alina starts scratching at her arm and crying again, this time a little weaker than before because of her cracky voice. Samuel comes rushing in and takes her away, giving me a nod of approval as she cries into his chest, gripping at him for dear life.

He takes her downstairs and into the dim lobby as she continues to cry. I follow them, curious about Samuel's idea. Sam sits down and hushes Alina as she moves into straddling him, sobbing a bit softer this time and letting Samuel pat her back in a soothing motion.

Samuel proposed to me that if she can just dwell on the fact that I'm not there when she expects me to be, we'll know the full potential and extent of her love for me. It sounds stupid, but I thought it was a pretty good idea. If she saw me in the bed with her, the whole plan would have been ruined.

He did also mention the anxiety and hallucinations Lia experiences when she gets scared, so at first sight of me, she'll think I'm not real and think it's just another one of her hallucinations. That's if she hallucinates more than one of me.

Felix comes from one of the hallways, probably thinking that she's just having another one of her night terrors and wraps his arms around her. I step down the stairs silent and slow as Felix tells her to look my way. She refuses at first, saying something about her hallucinations, but once she finally looks up, it's not to me.

It's behind Samuel, and the look on her face is terrified of whatever is there. I continue to go down the stairs slowly, making sure she's alright before I say anything. "My lady. Look to your right." Samuel orders Alina as she shakes her head. "Would I ever lie to you about Master Luke's death? He's right there." He tilts her chin up as she looks at him with loving and saddened eyes, still not believing.

"I'm right here, do you believe him now?" I take one last step off of the stairs and smile warmly as she robotically turns her head my way, almost immediately turning it back. "It's not funny! It's not true! I killed him, Samuel!!" She shakes her head in his chest, beating him weakly, making me smile.

"If I weren't real, could you come touch me and find out?" I walk a bit closer, awaiting her response. She stops crying and looks toward me, frowning at the proposition and allowing Samuel to put her on the floor. He obeys as she starts shaking slightly as she walks toward me, each of her steps wobblier than the one before.

When Alina finally stands in front of me, I take my chance and bend down, caressing her cheek and wiping her tears softly before kissing her lips. At first, she doesn't respond out of shock, but then her hands start shaking as they roam around my body, trying to make sure that every inch of my torso is there.