Chapter 15- Making Promises..

Luke's POV:

I wake up in the middle of the night, felling a heaviness in my heart. Alina's arms are around me, hugging me tightly. Her face is so peaceful when she's sleeping...it's better than crying and screaming, but who can blame her with whatever she's gone through?

I get off of the bed, trying not to disrupt Alina's slumber, and leave the room to look out into the sky on her balcony. I want to be considerate, since I, you know...like her.

Do I? Am I really that sure about my feelings, or is it just her eyes that light up a room whenever she walks in, or the innocent aura she portrays even though we both now she's nowhere near innocent?

Or is it just me..?

I hear soft murmuring as I re-enter Alina's room. "Mm-Luke..come..back.." She mumbles softly, making my face heat up. I walk to her and stroke her cheek as she winces and mutters my name. "I'm here, shh don't worry." I coo.

She softens as I touch her warm face. I didn't know even a simple pat on the head could make her so...calm. It's lovely to see her quiet side instead of the scared and stressed side.

Although her submissive side is better.

I get under the covers and Alina immediately gravitates toward me and squeezes me. I chuckle as she tightens her grip on my waist. "I barely got on the bed!" I whisper, gripping Alina tightly.

I'll never let you go, my love.

>>>•<<<

Alina's POV:

I awake to the sound of quiet snores and look next to me. It's Luke, sleeping with a cute smirk on his face. I never thought I'd see someone sleep while smiling...shit, I didn't think it was possible.

He groans as if my presence of being awake is highly noticed. I wonder if it's a coincidence that he wakes up almost right after I do, or if he just knows. I stare at him, observing every part of his face.

The small amount of peach fuzz he has on his cheeks, the plumpness in his lips as they curve slightly at the ends, the jawline I absolutely adore. And his tremendously long eyelashes, making me want him...all to myself.

I zone out as his looks intrigue me, how can someone be so...perfect? Luke mumbles a 'good morning' as he rubs his eyes awake. I blink a couple of times and say the same, getting up and putting some showy clothes on. Today should be a no-event day, meaning I get to do nothing!

Samuel walks in and doesn't seem to notice Luke...he's hiding under the covers as Samuel walks up to me instead. "Good morning, my lady. I was just about to wake you. Breakfast is served." He leaves the room after I nod in response, surprised that I woke up early enough to have breakfast. I haven't done that in years, considering my nightmares...

I must have gotten some pretty good sleep these few weeks.

Luke and I head downstairs and eat breakfast with the others, talking about whatever comes to mind. "Oh, speaking of! Your birthday is coming up, what do you want for presents?" Mika exclaims, clapping her hands in excitement.

Another birthday, yet to come. I keep forgetting I have one. I don't even remember the day it is on. That's how little I've cared in the past years. What do birthdays even mean? A celebration of your life diminishing sooner over the years? How pathetic.