Chapter 42- One Hell of A "Normal" Day

Thursday, June 4: 1:40 PM
_________________________

Alina's POV:

"Bye, you guys! Call us when you get there and be careful!" Grace yells, looking intently at Luke with pleading eyes. "It's fine, I won't hurt him!" I look at both of them and they return it with shocked faces. "My lady, lets go." Samuel whispers quietly, making me turn around and take a shot at him to test his reaction. "Don't tell me what to do." I growl, waving to Luke's parents.

Samuel dodges the bullet and raises his eyebrows. "Your reflexes need to be bettered." I glare at him and he smiles softly. "Your aim needs to be perfected." Samuel retorts, allowing me to shoot at him three extra times. He takes them in between his fingers. "I never want you to dodge my bullets. That is an order, Samuel!" I yell, pointing the gun straight toward his forehead.

"Yes, my lady." He makes the bullets disintegrate and leads me to my car, waving to Simon and whispering something to him. "Can you stop being so ferocious?" Luke pleads, getting in the drivers seat. I huff and cross my arms, looking away, "No. I'm not in the mood for his bullshit."

Luke starts the engine as Samuel gets in the car before honking at his parents and waving goodbye. "Hah~finally we can go back." He sighs, turning up the music. "After what happened yesterday, I don't think I'm visiting in another couple of years." I huff, rubbing my burned skin. It should have been healed yesterday, but the sun was beaming from 7 in the morning to 12 in the afternoon.

Levi had such a hard time with the heat, considering how long I was in the sun. It's a learning moment, the least they can do is buy darker curtains. They let way too much sunlight in their house.

I look out the window at all the familiar sights of New York. It's wonderful, being here, even if the people here are assholes. They're just my crowd of people, anyway.

"So, babe...when are you going to perform that show you and your cast had in mind?" Luke asks, making my eyes widen. "I haven't thought about that in so long. I cancelled it because I had a feeling that something bad was coming. My assumptions were right and it's been postponed." I sigh and look away again.

I really wanted to do the show, but deep down, I knew it wouldn't go well because my life is fucked and I really don't have time to learn lines...

"You know what? I should do it." I decide out loud, making Luke chuckle. "By all means. I want to see how good your acting skills are, since that's the main thing you're known for." He shrugs, winking at me from the corner of his eye. I nod and turn up the music, hesitant to sing the lyrics until my favorite song comes on. That's when I start belting.

"I do declare there's something in the air, I'm burning the candle at both ends! Bitter betrayals, skeleton keys, houses to haunt well, it's alright by me! Rags to ruin some fool, handy choices, some would say, not a ghost of a chance! The ghosts in my mind, they're one of a kind! They tell me what to do and its shut down you!!"

"Some! Things! Are! Best! Just! Left! Unsaid!! End of the LIIIIINE~" I shout, banging my head as fast as I can. Luke laughs and turn up the music, not knowing what I'm singing. I smile widely as Samuel jumps in to sing the lyrics.

The song ends and I giggle at Luke's slightly confused expression. "That's a nice...song." He mutters, making me smile. "It's one of my favorites!!" I laugh as the next song comes on. "What's it called?" He asks, turning up the music. "End of the Line, by Devildriver." I mumble, looking away.

Usually I'd get scolded rather rudely when I tell someone about my taste in music. 'That's devil worshipping!' They say. I do love metal, I've been listening to it since I was young, and then Samuel came around. I guess it was inevitable for him to come after I found my love for the music.