Chapter 40- A Learning Experience

Thursday, July 2: 1:30 PM
______________________

Luke's POV:

"Hurry up! Let's go!" I rush Alina as we get ready to head out. I wanted her to meet my parents since our relationship has gone pretty far but Alina just won't give me the time of day. "I already know your parents!" She yells back, throwing a pair of underwear at me. "They don't know we're dating!" I shout back, smiling.

"Samuel! Bring normal clothes!" She yells out, giving me a look. She isn't very cooperative this morning, I woke her up pretty early and it's already past 1. "Lia, hurry the fuck up!" I shout, knowing she'll get mad. She huffs and comes out of the room in a beautiful white dress.

"Babe, you know they don't have high standards." I roll my eyes and walk down the stairs with her. "But I do, and they know that." Lia states, running out to the car and packing our stuff. She gets in the passenger seat of my car and waits patiently. I place my stuff in there as Samuel follows me.

He sits in the backseat and Alina scowls at him after realizing he didn't pack what she calls "normal clothes." The drive isn't far, since my parents don't live too far, it's only about 2 hours. Alina talks and laughs and sings to any song that comes on.

"Aren't you nervous?" I ask, finally pulling up to their house. "No. They practically worship me." She says confidently, taking out her luggage and running to the front door as Samuel follows. I step out and grab my stuff while my parents open the door. She's immediately lifted up by my mom and squeezed tightly.

"Hi! It's been so long!" My mom exclaims, letting Alina go. She smiles widely until I show up behind her. "What's Luke doing-oh...OH!" Both my mother and father exclaim, smiling at us. "Oh, hello Samuel!" My father says, giving him a 'bro hug' and smiling at me.

They let us in and give me a scary look, making me roll my eyes. "So what brings both of you here?" My dad asks, giving Alina a nice look. "We wanted to tell you both something, Mister Simon." She says politely, smiling widely at them. "What is it?" We all sit at their dining room table and look at each other quickly. "We're dating." Alina smiles as we simultaneously talk.

"Aw man!" My mom flails her arms out and I give an offended expression. "You're like the daughter we never had!" My mother says, giving a worried expression. Alina nudges me and winks, smirking lightly. "Told ya." She whispers, kissing me lightly on the cheek.

"Well, we can't complain. Even though you're way out of Luke's league, we accept!" My father exclaims with a big smile on his face. My mom gives us drinks and sits down, giving us a weird look. "So...have you made babies yet? How about Samuel?" She asks, making Alina spit out her drink.

"Heh-I'm not a big fan of children..." Alina glares at me and I pat her on the back. "Oh come on! We know you're already having sex, where are the minis?" My mom says, frowning. Alina sighs and looks at them with a serious expression. "I don't particularly...want kids, Miss Grace, they're really not my thing. Maybe Samuel could-?"

"Absolutely not, my lady. I will not have children." Samuel clenches his jaw as he interrupts Alina, making me laugh loudly.

"What about Mika?" Alina shouts at Samuel suddenly, making him look away. "I thought Mika and Felix we're together? What happened?" My mom asks, sipping her drink. "About that..." Alina scratches her head and look at me for permission. I nod.

"Felix and Kyle are kind of...a thing." Alina states as I nod my head for confirmations. "Oh, well...how do you know?" My father asks skeptically. "Well we heard them-" "Recently Felix was kidnapped by Baxter and Kyle wouldn't come out of his room during that time period." I interrupt Alina, pinching her thigh.