[PART 1] An Odd Family (Titan Fall x RWBY)

Twenty-two years ago,
Unknown location
???'s POV

'W-we're so close, damnit!' I thought in my head over the countless muffled explosion and gunshots behind me. I could feel myself loosing blood from the wound on my waist, which hurts like a bitch.

"Warning, severe damage sustained." My Titan, DR, says in his deep emotionless voice as the screen in front of me statics a bit before recovering.

Right now I'm inside of my Titan on the planet Remnant. I'm currently fighting for the most important fight of my life. I'm not sure where we are at this point as the fog was too thick to see through. Though last I checked we were in a realm that was homed to the Grimm and their leader.

"DR, active the Vortex Shield!" I yell as everything suddenly shakes.

"Activating Vortex Shield."

DR lifts his arm up and his shield activated just in time before a boulder was about to hit me.

'D-Damn creatures!' I thought as I only saw countless pairs of red eyes in front of me.

They charged but was knocked back by the rock caught in the shield. Suddenly the side of the cockpit explodes, sending sparks on my suit. "Gah!" I yelled. "DR, why can't I see shit?!" I shout as DR reloads his splitter rifle. When he was done he fires as he spoke.

"The fog is too dense for me to scan through. We must get away to begin scanning the area."

I growl in frustration, slamming my fist to the side. "I can't leave, damnit! I got to finish the mission!"

"Protocol 2: Uphold the mission."

"Exactly!" I yell, seeing how this damn thing is finally getting it. "So-!"

The machine was suddenly hit in the side again, rocking me back. I regained myself as I heard DR speak and several explosions behind me.

"Critical damage. Tripwire may be useful."

"Use whatever, I don't care!" I shout as several howls and roars echo in front of me. "I'll send these things to Hell!"

DR shot a tripwire ahead of us. I saw it immediately blow up as black limbs fly everywhere.

"Nasty fuckers..." I mutter to myself.

Another rock was thrown at me, this time it hit DR. I didn't have time to move as the fog was still too thick to see through, making me crash to the ground. I clench my hands as I was holding the controls tightly.

"Get up!" I demand, hearing the gunshots behind me start to lessen as explosions happened more often. I could feel sweat all over my face and back as DR got back up.

"Laser Core ready."

"Use it."

"I do not have a clear shot-."

"Just listen for once!" I shout.

"..."

There was a moment of silence as DR continues to shoot into the fog. Soon though I heard him speak up.

"Firing Ion Laser Core."

The laser warms up for a second before activating. It shot the fog, clearing some of it up as it fires. I heard several loud roars that quickly went silent as it ends.

"Sargent!" I heard a woman's voice on the radio. "How far are you from the objective?"

"I don't-!"

"The objective is approximately thirty kilometers away. Chance of making it is a low 13.12%."

"?!" I felt my blood boil as DR answers for me. No one does that!

I heard the woman let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't think you will be able to make it. We've lost almost all the other Pilots. Get back here so we can-."

"Fuck that!" I interrupt. "I'm not leaving here until I got that bitch's head! I'll-."

"Activating protocol 3: Protect the pilot."

"?!?!" I slam my fist on the controllers. "Override protocol!"

"Access unavailable."

I began to shout the override code. But I was interrupted when something crashes into DR. I felt my head spinning as I hit the back of my helmet in full force. But I continued to yell the order as I tried to ignore the pain.

"..."

Once again, there was a moment of silence before DR spoke.

"Protocol override." He says as he continues to fire.

I smiled as I continued to push forward. "Let's make history, baby!"

"I do not understand."

I ignore him as I activated his shoulder cannon. It blasts a Grimm to nothing as I stepped over a few smaller ones. To my right a large Grimm tried to leap on DR. But I made him grab it by the throat and slam it to the ground. He stomps his foot on its face, making it explode.

"Damnit, Michael!" I heard the woman again. "Just head back-!"

I muted her. I heard one last explosion behind me before no longer hearing any gunshots, meaning I'm all that's left.

"All friendly allies have been KIA." DR says.

"Then that just means I need to not screw up."

"Noted."

I continued the fight for some time. I had DR push forward for who knows how long. I killed an endless army of Grimm that I couldn't even see. Eventually though my luck ran out. DR was slammed to the ground on his back. I tried to get him to stand up again, but a Grimm climbs on top of him. It growls as I continued to force DR to move but to no avail. I began to feel lightheaded suddenly, probably from all the blood I lost in this battle.

"N-no..." I mumble, feeling my eyes becoming heavy.

"Must protect pilot." Was the last thing I heard before blacking out.

To be continued...?