Reclaiming My Name (M! Reader x Demon Slayer)

In a world where demons exist to eat humans, it's surprising how very few people know of their existence due to them only coming out at night. And many of those who do hunt them to protect the rest of the world. Many claim that once you turn into a demon, you can never be redeemed or turned back. However, there are very rare circumstances when that is false. And sometimes... some defy these laws...

It was a cold and snowy night in a snowy valley. The moon shuns brightly above, though was mostly covered by clouds. Thankfully, it wasn't snowing heavily, but one can tell that a storm was approaching, quickly.

No one's POV

The sound of a man panting frantically and a pair of feet running through the snow-covered ground could be heard on a hill. It was hard to make out their appearance due to tall trees blocking the moonlight. The person's mouth hanged open, revealing his large canine fangs as he could see his breath from the cold air. He occasionally glances over his grey shoulder behind him, as if being chased by something or someone. But due to his long, overgrown black hair, he could hardly see behind him half the time. Due to this, the man growls from the inconvenience before looking ahead of him again.

"D-damnit!" He mutters angrily under his panting. "How is this one human so powerful?!" He curses under his breath before making it to a small clearing with some moonlight around it. When he steps in, his body was now clear.

The person was a demon who looked to be in his late thirties. His skin was grey and his eyes were blood red. His clothes looked like they were cut apart multiple times, revealing parts of his body under the layers of cuts. His fingernails were long as his hair went all the way down his back.

He soon stops running when he reaches the center of the clearing and tries his best to catch his breath. Feeling his heart beating uncontrollably, he grabs the area on his chest where his heart would be as he growls in frustration.

"DAMNIT!!! HE'S JUST A DAMN HUMAN!!!" The demon shouts into the night sky at the top of his lungs. When he was done screaming, there was the faint sound of something clicking somewhere nearby, making the demon sweat uncontrollably as his eyes widen in fear. "?!" He gasps out loud.

He tried to run away from his position, but before he could a black and blue distortion ripple surrounds his body while a series of slashes that end in a light blue ripple cuts several parts of his skin. This causes his clothes to tear apart even more while long cuts cover his body, making the terrified demon scream in pain and agony as his blood oozes out from the fresh cuts.

When the ripple and slashes fade, he drops to his hands and knees before coughing up blood onto the snow beneath him. He could feel his vision fading as his whole body trembles.

'H-he already found me?! I-impossible!' He thought as he tries to stand up, but he fails from all the pain in his body and falls back on his knees.

He lifts his head and looks around the place, searching for the one who attacked him. He clenches his jaw as he sees no one was around, just trees and snow.

"Show yourself, bastard!" He demands in rage.

"..." For some time, there was no response. The only sounds that could be heard were the demon's breathing and a slight gust of wind, making the demon panic as his cuts began to quickly heal. He moves his mouth to say something again but stops when he heard someone stepping in the snow.