[PART 2] RWBY: To Forget the Past

Vale,
Raven's POV

"'Please...no...Gods no...'" Those words were all I could think of at the time. The time that changed Remnant forever.

All around me I could hear the faint sound of gunshots, people screaming in horror and fear, Grimm howling and screeching, and explosions. I ran as fast as I could with my right leg bleeding, hurting like hell. I was holding my four year old daughter, Yang, in my arms with all my strength as I try to get out of the corpse-filled streets of Vale.

'I...can't keep going....'

I'm exhausted from running for Gods know how long. I'm hurting, my body is beaten and bleeding, and my aura hasn't returned to heal me yet. I'm confused. No one's semblances or auras are working. It's as if our powers are gone. I'm afraid, afraid of my friends' and my precious little Yang's life. I wanted to help fight off the Grimm invasion in Beacon, but Qrow demanded I get Yang to safety, which I didn't argue with. I can't loose her. She means the world to me.

'How could this happen?' I questioned as I jump over a half-eaten corpse on the ground caused by the Grimm.

"M-Mommy-." I heard my daughter gasp.

"Not now!" I stop running when I saw an entrance to an alleyway on my left, taking this moment to catch my breath. I took a glance at Yang and saw her purple eyes widen in fear as she screams.

"Behind you!" Yang shouts and points over my shoulder.

'?!'

I look over my shoulder and saw a car thrown at my way. I roll over to the side just in time to avoid being hit. The car explodes behind me as I try to get back up. I tried, but only yell in pain as I felt my leg snap, causing me to stay on one knee.

'Agh! My leg!' I can feel my eyelids growing heavy. I've lost too much blood at this point and might faint at any moment.

Behind me, I see cars engulfed in flames, scattered all over the streets as smoke rises in the air. I hear a loud roar from a Grimm coming from behind the cars. A large silhouette with a single large yellow eye steps forward, each steps it took causes a small tremor in the ground, before it slaps a car from its right into a building, which explodes on impact.

"Mommy!" Yang screams in fear as I force my body to get back up.

Once done I weakly turn back and limped into the alleyway. Just before I entered, I look over my shoulder and saw the Grimm coming out of the smoke, looking for me.

I noticed the Grimm didn't see me as I went through the alleyway, so I don't think it'll follow

I ran for a bit in the alleyway before turning into a different path. When I thought we were safe for a moment, I decided to put Yang down next to a trash bin to catch my breath. I rest my shoulder on the wall next to me before sliding into a sitting position. I felt my leg continued to burn as I sat so I quickly got my boot off to see the damage from the Grimm.