Chapter 1.5: Repeating History...?

Y/n's POV

'W-where am I?' I thought, confused and afraid.

I don't know where or when I am. I look around me and find myself in the center of...New York? I couldn't tell because everywhere I looked I saw infected chasing and eating the non-infected, military soldiers fighting the infected, and other chaos. The sky was red as the buildings were starting to grow the infection on them too. I...I don't know how I got here.

'W-what is happening?' Fear builds up inside me as I see all the chaos around me. Did I do this? If so, why? Why can't I remember? This isn't a memory from anyone I consumed before.

I look down at myself and was even more confused. I expected to see my normal self, but I was met with feminine hands and myself wearing a strange suit. I tried to switch to my normal body, but I couldn't!

'Wha-?...What is-?'

"Green!" A stern voice yells from behind me.

I look over my shoulder and found a man standing behind me. He wore a black jacket over a grey one, which the hood was up, blue jeans, and brown leather boots. Who is he? I couldn't see his face due to it hiding under his hood. I almost immediately saw his right hand was a blade, meaning he was like me. But, it was different than mine and I sensed a strange aura around him. He seemed...fake, like he wasn't even human.

I tried to ask who he was, but I couldn't. My mouth refused to move, making me even more confused. I begin to panic, but my body doesn't do anything I tell it to. Suddenly, my body tries to lunges at the man, but he immediately caught me by the neck and lifts me in the air, choking me. I tried to break free from his grasp, but he slams me to the ground and sat on top of me and stabs his blade into my chest. My eyes widen in horror as I realize he's trying to consume me.

'W-wait, stop! I didn't do-!'

I couldn't finish my thoughts as he stabs and punch me over and over again. Several tendrils grow out of his back and stabs into me, absorbing me. I could only watch in horror as I felt my mind blanking out.

No one's POV

Y/n's eyes shot open. "NOO!" He yells, shooting up from the bench he was lying on. His face was covered in sweat as he pants heavily, as if running a marathon. He stares as his hands and saw they were trembling from fear.

"..."

It took a minute or two before y/n began to calm down. His hands relaxes as his breathing steadies. His face stops sweating before he sighs, closing his eyes. "What was that...?" He mutters to himself.

"Mommy, is he okay?" Y/n heard a young girl's voice a foot away from him. "Leave him along, hunny." A woman replies. "Just ignore him and keep walking."

"Huh?" Y/n reopens his eyes and turns his head to the voice's direction. He saw a young girl being redirected away from y/n by what he assumed was her mother, who gave him an unreadable look. "..."

Y/n breaks his attention away from the two and looks around himself, not knowing where he was. But that quickly changes as he found himself on a bench in the middle of a park. He lets out a quiet sigh while shaking his head.

"That's right...I slept the night here..." He mutters to himself. "I-." Y/n's stomach growls in hunger, stopping him from speaking. He stares at his stomach before turning to sit on the bench. "Damnit...haven't eaten in a week..." He whispers as he puts a hand on his face. "I-I gotta find some free food soon or I'll have to..."

Before y/n could finish his sentence, somewhere deep inside of him hungers for blood and consuming a random civilian. It nearly overtook him, as his eyes turn red and a sinister grin grew on his lips. But y/n snaps out of it and held his hand in his palms, groaning.

"No! Don't! You promised him you wouldn't!" Y/n scolds himself.

Over his mental breakdown, y/n heard something like leaves rustling behind him. "?!" Y/n stood up from the bench and turns to the bushes behind the bench. He was about to attack whoever was eavesdropping but saw a small white kitten jump out of the bushes, meowing.

"..." Y/n stares at the kitten tiredly before relaxing. "Geez..." He mutters before shoving his hands in his pockets. "Overreacting much..?" He whispers to himself before turning around and walking away.

As y/n walks away, the kitten stares at him, as if studying him.

To be continued...?

Hey, everyone. Sorry for not updating for almost two weeks. Been incredibly busy and life is stressing me out. I know this was a short chapter, but I'll try getting a longer one out soon. I just need some time to settle things out first.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter. If not, why? I hope to see you guys again soon. Stay safe and peace out.

-TheDregon