Chapter 1: New Kid in Town

No one's POV

It's been a couple about an hour since last time. Y/n steps out of the train into a subway. He was currently surrounded by a large group of people either exiting or entering the train, making his anxiety rise.

'It's too crowded...' Y/n thought.

Y/n took a deep breath before he walks with the crowd that were leaving the station, shoving his hands in his pockets and slouching a bit. Y/n did his best to stay away from the more crowded areas as best as he could. Even though no one payed much attention to him, he felt as though everyone was judging him as he passes by them. His heart beats quickly and his anxiety rises beyond control as he desperately looks for an exit of the subway.

'Come on...come on...' Y/n thought over and over again internally.

Sweat drips off his face as he increases his pace from normal walking to a power walk. His eyes dart from one part of the area to the next very rapidly, in hopes to find the nearest exit and to see if anyone might be staring at him. Soon, his luck finally came to him. After searching for several minutes, he found a stairway that lead to the surface.

"Finally!" Y/n whispers with a smile.

He jogs up the stairs as he gently passes through several groups of people entering or exiting the subway. He eventually got to the top of the staircase and was met with a brand new city.

"Damn..." Y/n mutters to himself. "So this is Kuoh Town..."

Y/n felt his body begin to tremble. He's still debating whether or not coming to this place was a good idea. But he really doesn't have a choice to go back. He doesn't have any money left nor does he actually have a place to run back to, not in a very long time. But then again, he could consume someone to-. No, he can't. Y/n shook the thought out of his head as he mentality slaps himself.

'N-no!' He mentally shouts. 'Don't become the monster that they say you are! You're better than that!'

It took a moment for y/n to calm down. When he did, he took a deep breath and lets it out before stepping forward. He forces himself to continue walking and to explore the new place he's arrived in and might be stuck at for a while. As he did, he did his best to stay in less populated areas and tries not to interact with anyone he passes by.

After some time, y/n found himself walking through a shopping center. He saw a group of people standing in front of a store window as some were mumbling and whispering about something. He wasn't going to pay too much attention to them, but he noticed some of the people, mostly the females, held their palms over their mouths in shock and horror.

"That's terrible!" A woman whispers.

"Is that even possible?!" A man shouts.

"It's like from a movie or something!"

"What the...?" Y/n mutters to himself. Becoming curious of the commotion, y/n decides to investigate the problem. He hesitantly steps towards the group and gently went through the crowd. When he was at the front of all the people, he saw they were all standing in front of a tv store. Several of the TVs were on a news channel, nothing too unusual. His eyes dart around all the TVs to see what they showed. A news woman was talking about something that no one could hear due to the glass in between them. When y/n read the headlines, his eyes widen in horror as he gaps quietly.

"POTENTIAL NEW VIRUS OUTBREAK DISCOVERED IN THE UNITED STATES. CITIZENS OF MICHIGAN ARE BEING FORCED INTO QUARANTINE FOR THEIR SAFETY. COULD THIS BE CONNECTED TO THE "MERCER VIRUS" THAT DISAPPEARED TWO DECADES AGO IN NEW YORK?"