Prolouge: No Rests

No one's POV

It was a nice sunny day in Japan. A train travels through a valley for some time now. In one of the less busy passage cars, a man stares out through the window on his left. He was silent as his chin rests in one palm as he stares out into space. The man looks young, probably around nineteen. He had black messy hair and orange eyes. The sun hits his somewhat pale skin. He wore a black jacket over a dark blue shirt. He wore a brown leather belt around his navy blue pants. Lastly he wore a pair of socks under his black and white sneakers.

He saw a flock of birds flying in the air. He watches them fly by with a blank face. He was one of the very few in his car, but that was due to being in the second to last car on the train. It was him and a small handful of other people besides him who were there. The rest were placed in the cars ahead of him, all full. The man doesn't mind being alone though. In fact, he embraces it. After all, he knows it's for the best of he had little to no interactions with others to keep them safe.

The birds near the train flew away. He frowns a little but forces his feelings out. He made himself think about other things as he waits for the train to reach its destination. It didn't take long before his mind wonders off into the past.

The man had a flashback to a couple of years ago. It was a cold and rainy night in a small town. Practically no one was out as they kept warm in their homes. But there were always a few who were unlucky.

A car drives over a small bridge, creating a small splash from a puddle. The splash was sent over the edge of the bridge and to the wet ground below. Under the bridge, a young boy who looks to be in his mid teens was sleeping on top of a flatten cardboard box over the wet mud. Half of his messy black hair was wet due to sleeping on his side. He wore an old and dirty jacket over a long white shirt that was muddy as well. His jeans were torn, soaked, and covered in mud along with his worn out shoes. The boy tosses in his sleep as his face contorts.

???'s POV

I was about ten at the time. I was sitting against a wall in a small white room, alone. There was nothing in here at all except for a single light that shines in my face hanging by a wire on the roof. Other than that, nothing. No chairs, windows, tables, nothing. I was wearing a straight jacket that had unique metal restraints locked around my ankles, wrists and hands, giving me no way of moving my body. I had a mask around my face that allowed me to breathe, but that was it. I couldn't eat, drink, spit, or anything. I simply stare at my restrained body in utter silence as time passes.

'They're coming...' I told myself.

And just as I finished, the sound of locks unlocking echos in my room. A couple of seconds pass by as the locks continue to be unlocked before the sound of metal scraping against the ground pierces through my room. After, all the silence I had was thrown out. I heard countless screams and yells of pain and agony, a couple of people crying hysterically as loud as they possibly could, and bodies and possible heads smashing against the metal doors to attempt a breakout beyond the door. I don't flinch at all as I heard multiple pairs of footsteps and a couple of radio chatter approaching me. I don't bother looking up because I know it's always them.

"Don't move." A muffled voice demands.

"..." I say nothing as I stayed completely still. The sound of a person kneeling in front of me and a couple of beeps was all that was heard next. After, I hear air being released from my restraints as I could barley start to feel my body move freely.