Chapter I: A Purpose

No one's POV

It was a peaceful morning at sea. It wasn't too hot as the wind blew a gentle breeze. A large ship casually sails across the calm sea. In it was a group of sailors and palicos were busy making sure that everything on the ship was set and secured.

The captain of the ship walks on the deck, marking sure every one was doing as they were supposed to do. But his attention was brought to a young woman wearing a full set of Nargacuga armor, resting her arms on the railing of the ship, staring out into the distance. Beside her was her palico who was sitting on the railing.

"Hmm?" The captain became curious by the Hunter

He walks up to the distracted woman as her palico noticed him. It got up on its feet and meows whilst waving happily at him.

"Heh." The captain lets out a short chuckle and pats the palico's head, who purrs. After, he turns his attention to the Hunter again, who still hasn't noticed him. "Oi. What's got you so silent?" He asks.

"!!" The young Hunter's eyes widen. She blinks a few times, startled, before turning her head to the captain. "W-What?" She asks, surprised.

"Ha ha!" The captain laughs, finding her reaction hilarious. "S-sorry, Miss. didn't mean to scare ya."

As the captain finishes, the woman's cheeks turn a shade of pink. Her eyes averts his as she spoke up. "What do you want...?"

"Nothin' much." The captain responds with a soft smile. "Noticed ya were out here all alone. Just thought you might've wanted company was all."

"Oh..." Was all the Hunter said. She looks down to think of something to say, before looking up at him as her face relaxes a little. "Thank you, but I'm fine. I just need some time to myself."

The captain lifts an eyebrow as he folds his arms. "Oh? How come? Somethin' happened at home?"

"...." The woman frowns upon hearing his question. She stares back to the water as an old memory flashes in her head.