Let the Sky Fall (A Monster Hunter AU story)- Prolouge: Let the Sky Fall

No one's POV

The sound of a pair of metallic footsteps and a person panting echos through a dark hallway. A figure was limping through the halfway whilst holding something in their hand. They suddenly crash into the wall on their left as support as they continued to force themselves to walk.

"I'm....a-almost...there..." A person mutters under their breath. The voice was raspy, weak, and exhausted. Their voice was deep, almost like a demon, making it hard to identify their gender. They grunt in pain as they felt their head spinning as something whispers in their head. "Just-just a little farther, my King..."

(^Play song at top ^)

The person eventually made it out of the hallway and into a ruined room. The roof had a giant hole, allowing light into the room via the red sun and the moon in the sky. The two giant orbs in the sky slowly draw closer to each other with each second that passes. The room the person entered in was very old and dusty. The walls were made out of stone bricks, filled with cracks and moss and covered in dried blood smeared all over the walls. Wooden tables and chairs were thrown and scattered all over the place, as if a battle taken place before being completely deserted. Several rusted and worn out hunter armor sets and weapons were littered across the ground, along with ancient skeletons. Torn up banners were dangling on the walls as some pieces of fabric were scattered across the ground. The long, rectangular red carpet in the center of the room covered in blood lead to an old throne.

The person weakly walks in front of the throne as they breath unevenly. With the light from the sun and moon from the outside, the person was seen wearing a full set of monster armor.

On their neck was a strange necklace: A purple orb that could possibly resemble a dragon eye was strapped to their neck with a metal chain

On their neck was a strange necklace: A purple orb that could possibly resemble a dragon eye was strapped to their neck with a metal chain. Their legs suddenly gave in as they kneeled in front of the thrown with a sheathed sword in hand.

 Their legs suddenly gave in as they kneeled in front of the thrown with a sheathed sword in hand

"F-finally..." The person whispers happily. "He...hehe...he-." The person stops chuckling as their felt their chest burning up, causing them to cough up blood on the already bloody red carpet. "...."