Vengeance is Mine! (A RWBY AU story) teaser

Remnant. A world where the people inhabiting it once thought was their home. But now... now it's nothing more than a distant memory and replaced with what felt like a nightmare...

No one's POV

Somewhere on Remnant, a once highly populated kingdom was now in ruins and debris. Thousands of buildings, as small as a simple market and as tall as the sky, were all nothing more than piles of rubble. Not many buildings remained, but even then they were still considered too dangerous to live in, unstable and could easily fall down at any moment. The sky was covered in smoke. The smoke was so thick the sun hasn't been seen in weeks.

Down on the ground, a woman pokes her head out from a shattered wall. She looks up into the clouded sky for a few seconds. Hearing nothing, she slowly steps out from her cover into a small clearing surrounded by what's left of several tall buildings with pebbles and small pieces of debris scattered across the ground.

The young woman had red hair. She wore her hair in a waist-length ponytail, curled slightly into a loose ringlet. She also wore light-green eyeshadow around the far upper corners of her green eyes. She was tall and quite muscular. As a top, she wore a brown overbust corset with a vertical strip of lighter brown in the center. Additionally, she wore an elastic, black, A-line mini skirt and brown opera-length gloves on both arms. She wore a red ankle-length sash that wrapped around her skirt. As for accessories, there was a small circular bronze plate on her right hip opposite two pouches with both connected to a belt. The plate bore her "shield and spear" emblem. Underneath her hair, she always wore a brown circlet adorned with a pair of small, green, teardrop-shaped emeralds on thin chains. On her left ear she wore a gray headpiece. She also sported a large bronze gorget around her neck and a bronze bracelet on the upper half of her left arm. She wore spartan-like armor. She had elaborate bronze greaves that started below her mid-thigh before continuing downwards into her boots as well as a pair of cuisses that began mid-thigh and ended slightly above her knees. She was also equipped with a bronze bracer atop the sleeve on her left arm. Her high-heeled boots were brown with bronze trim, matching her skirt and sleeves and reaching up to mid-calf.

 Her high-heeled boots were brown with bronze trim, matching her skirt and sleeves and reaching up to mid-calf

In her hands she held a red and gold sniper rifle. And on her back was a bronze shield. After taking several steps forward, she looks over her shoulder and motions for someone to follow her.

"It's clear." She spoke lowly, almost in a whisper. "This is our chance." She took a few more steps forward, her eyes focusing on the sky.

A moment passes. Slowly, a handful of people, including men, women, and children, all stepped out from the wall. Their clothes were torn and dirty. Their faces looked exhausted, having several layers of bags underneath their eyes and their hair were messy. They all look nervous, as if they knew something bad may happen to them.

"Oh man..." One of the younger men began nervously. "I-I don't know about this."

"Be quiet!" One of the older women next to the boy began scolding him. "I don't like this either. But if we want to live, this is our only option."