Chapter 2: The Next Generation

No one's POV

It was a beautiful day out in the jungle. The sky was mostly clear from any clouds, the birds were out chirping, and the temperature was just right.

The young Glavenus was outside of the cave it called its home, chasing a Vespoid. The mother was resting at the entrance of the cave, trying to get some sleep as she watches her child play. The father was out hunting for food for the family yet again.

Though the young Glavenus may be a couple of years old, it was the size of two Great Jaggies. It's horns on its back were very short, still growing as the young Glavenus continues to grow up. It had bright red and blue scales that will loose a most of its color in the future. Not only that, but it's bladed-tail wasn't that sharp either. It could hurt animals, but not kill.

The Glavenus leaps at the Vespoid that was trying to fly away from it. But the insect was too fast for it as it dodges to the side. The Vespoid went behind the Glavenus and stabs it stinger at the Brute Wyvern's back, paralyzing the child. The Glavenus roars in pain and fear as it couldn't move its body.

The mother's eyes lifted up immediately and quickly got up. The mother saw her paralyzed infant and the Vespoid flying circles around it. Not only that, but she also saw two more of them come out of the trees around them. She lets out a low growl before roaring in rage. She runs out of the cave and tries to crush the large insect that attacked her young with her mouth. But of course it was too fast for her as well. It kept dodging her jaw multiple times, before she decided to switch things up.

As she was too focused on the Vespoid, she didn't notice her child was no longer paralyzed. But due not being used to the pain, the child fell on its side and whimpers.

The mother spun her tail around and sliced the bug in half on her first try. She steps on the corpse with all her weight just to show she won't let anything happen to her child again. She lets out an ear-piercing roar as flames spark in her mouth. The other two Vespoid flew away in fear seeing how pissed off the mother was.

The mother was about to chase after the others as well, but the sound of her child crying made her stop. She turns around and saw her child lying on its side, struggling to get back up. The mother slowly calms down as she went to her offspring to help. She stops walking when in front of it. She lowers her head and slowly nudges her child back up. But she only did half of the work as she wanted the young Glavenus to get back up itself.

It had a little bit of trouble at first, but with the help and support from its mother it finally got back up on its feet. The child turns to its mother as she gently nuzzles her snout with her child, who nuzzles back. The mother went back to the cave as the child followed close behind her.

To be continued...

Hope y'all enjoyed. Please give any thoughts on the story so far if you want to share.