The Resistance (Assassin's Creed x male reader)

It was a cold night in a city. The moon was high in the night sky as the stars shined around it. Some clouds floated in the sky, but not much. Hardly anyone was out right now, all tired and sleeping. Well, except for one person...

No one's POV

Near the center of the city, a man dressed in a black robe was standing on top and near the edge of an motel rooftop. His hood was up, hiding his identity.

The man was staring at something a few blocks away in silence

The man was staring at something a few blocks away in silence. What he was looking at was a tall building that had some of its lights on. Not only that, but to the side of the building was a logo built into it that was lighted up.

A few small objects could barley be seen hovering around the building from where he was

A few small objects could barley be seen hovering around the building from where he was. He lets out a soft sigh as a gust of wind blows by him, picking up the end of his robe along with it. He slowly lifts his right arm to his ear covered by his hood before sliding them under the hood and gently presses on an earpiece with two fingers. "I've made it to the location." He says as he doesn't take his eyes away from the building.

"Alright. How does it look?" The voice belonging to a woman asks from his earpiece. 

"It doesn't look like a whole lot of people are in the building-a couple of windows are turned on. And from my angle there's possibly a dozen drones scanning the perimeter around it, but that's about it." He replies.

"Good. Then that means it shouldn't be too difficult for you to sneak in and steal some of Abstergo's files."

"Hopefully. But what if-?"

"If you're spotted or even caught, then you'll have to kill any witnesses, otherwise they'll send a lot more than you can handle by yourself." The woman answers, as if already knowing what he'll ask.

"..." The man doesn't say anything. His eyes slowly fall to the floor as he frowns, clearly uncomfortable with what the woman on the other side said.

"...I know you don't like the idea, y/n, but we are in a war that we cannot loose. Everything is on the line and we all need to do our parts in this. Otherwise...you know what'll happen if the Templars win..." The woman on the other side said softly with a hint of sadness.

"...Yeah...I know..." The man, y/n, mutters. He was about to say something else, but instead he bites his tongue and balls his left hand into a fist. He looks up at the building again as his face became serious. "...Alright, I'm going in." He says before taking his hand off his earpiece.

"Understood. Good luck, little brother." Was all the woman said before also hanging up.

Y/n stares at the building for another minute or two, taking in the size of it. When he was done, he took a deep breath before letting it out. "We work in the dark to serve the light..." He mumbles to himself.

Just as he was about to walk, he heard what he thought was flapping above him. At first, he didn't find anything. But just as he was about to shrug it off, he heard the flapping again, this time much louder and closer to his left. He looks and saw a falcon had landed on a railing next to him and was staring directly into his eyes, even though his hood was still up. It doesn't move an inch and neither does y/n, both staring deeply into the other's eyes. The two lost track of how long they stayed like this, but eventually the bird looks away before flapping its wings and flew towards the building, leaving y/n behind.

Y/n watches it fly away for a second before shaking his head to clear his mind. "Come on...you can do this..." He tells himself, trying to boost his confidence.

He lets out another sigh before starting to walk towards the very edge of the roof. When he was there, he takes several steps back before running as fast as he could to the edge and leaps off of it, arms spread out widely. But just before he could get far, everything turns to black.

Soon...

I know that I've made several stories this week, but I promise this will be the last one for a little while.