"Letting your own father get murdered, then lying for the person that killed him."

TRIGGER WARNING END TWDR; Natham hits Cybil and forces her to kiss him before saying harsh words to Cybil about her father.

***

Matrix's POV

"Papa," as her voice registers to my groggy mind I turn over and force my eyes open.

"What is it Lily?" I question, looking at her standing there in the sunlight.

"Shh, listen," she urges and crawls up onto my bed. I sit up and focus my ears as she's commanded me to do. It takes me a moment, as I'm still half asleep, but eventually I catch on to the sobbing.

"Cybil!" I gasp and leap away from the bed. Lily grips my arm and pulls me back down. "We need to go to her Lily," I snap but my daughter shakes her head in firm protest. "Do you know...do you know why she's crying?"

I watch her bite down on her lip, gnawing away as nervousness settles in her features. She nods after some hesitation.

"But you're not going to tell me are you?" I let out a sigh.

"I can't, I wasn't supposed to hear it anyways," she mumbles. "She will tell you when she's ready Papa but we mustn't interfere."

"Alright, so why'd you come in here?"

"I couldn't sleep, not with her crying like that," Lily sniffles herself and my eyes widen in shock as the tears fill her big round eyes. "She's-she's crying like-like her heart is brok-" I pull my daughter into my lap and begin to rock her back and forth.

"Shh, princess, it's okay. Papa's here, I've got you," I lean down and kiss her forehead. It's been a long time since I've seen Lily cry and concern radiates through me. Now I know that she loves Cybil, that my sister has started healing a hole that neither me nor Gwyneira was capable of touching within this sweet child.

Eventually Lily lets the rhythm of my rocking lull her into sleep and I tuck her into my bed before creeping out of our chambers. I make my way down the hall to Cybil's room and step in without knocking. I see her huddled in a corner on the floor, but she jumps up once she notices my presence.

"I didn't hear you approaching," she coughs out, wiping at her cheeks quickly.

"That's because you were too busy weeping," I tease, walking over to her. I reach up to stroke her hair and notice when she flinches. She doesn't deny my touch though, so that's got to count for something.

"I wasn't weeping, I'm perfectly fine Matrix-"

"You don't have to tell me anything, why don't you just let me hold you while you cry, okay?" I offer. She looks up at me, her green eyes filling with tears just as Lily's had done a few minutes ago, before collapsing into my arms and burying her face into my chest. Her sobs are heart wrenching and I do my best to comfort, stroking her back and whispering soothing words. Eventually I pick her up and carry her to the bed, holding her as I'd done my daughter, rocking us back and forth as she cries.

Soon enough Cybil has fallen asleep and I smile in triumph. I tuck her into her own bed but pause during my process. Reaching down, I touch her ivory cheek in disbelief and watch as she frowns even in her sleep. I swallow my anger in a fiery gulp and squeeze my eyes shut, knowing the less I look at it the better. After taking a deep breath, I turn around and storm out of the room, heading to my own bed. I climb in next to Lily, she's still asleep, and stare up at the ceiling for hours. I notice the sun setting, know that I'm sacrificing much needed sleep.

But all I can think about is the handprint on my sister's cheek.

***

Natham's POV

I wish I had some sort of explanation for what just happened, but there is none. The truth of the matter is...I'm a monster. A vicious monster that hits his friends...his fiancee. I never imagined I'd be this type of person, but sometimes the anger just fires up within me.

I think a big part of it is that Cybil hasn't stopped me yet. I know that if she fought back I wouldn't dare touch her again. But for now, she submits to my fits of rage, and I feel a power unlike any other coursing through me when I hurt her.

As I lay in bed next to Gwyneira, a thousand memories play through my mind, all of Antoinette. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping it'll make the images fade. It doesn't work, they're ingrained in my mind. I shiver as I remember the feel of her hands around my throat, pressing tightly until I thought my windpipe would be crushed. Her laughter echoes through the air. God she was crazy...and now so am I. But I understand, I finally understand that adrenaline rush that occurs when you hurt someone else.

I know this won't last forever, that eventually Cybil will tell someone, but for now I'm safe. And the sick and twisted part of me enjoys the game we've started playing.