Chapterd 35: Boxing 101

"When's the last time you seen your father?" I think hard, I try to recall, I know last time it didn't end well. I think I spit on him, just spat. I was boiling from fucking anger, he disgust me, so I just did it. He wiped the spit from his chin pridefully and slapped fire from my cheek.

"I don't remember," I answer truthfully as I tighten the bolt to the chair.

"Okay, so what are you feeling right now about having to see him?" Jay continues to question me. She's been questioning me for the past 15 minutes, every since Deck told her he's meeting with us tonight. Catch up years missed and envious hate towards one another.

"Jay, babe, can we not do this right now?" I groan out annoyingly. She grunts and shakes her head, she's stubborn and won't take no, and seeing she has me in the predicament to question me, I'm fixing her chairs, for some reason all the screws are loose, and I think I know why. Joe trying to prank Mark and Jay with a classic fall out the chair. She's become a YouTuber, don't ask how that's been going.

"We have to babe, your father is coming all the way here to see you, I just want to make sure you are at ease and not moody, you know how you are..." and how exactly am I? Is what I wanted to ask, but I don't throw out that rebuttal. She comes over to me and squats in front of me, asking for my attention. I drop the screw driver and look at her. She raise an eyebrow, I do the same. One swift move,  she's now straddling me. I glance up at her. She pulls at my face to glance at her and only her. I love the touch of her hands, so smooth and soft.

"I understand you and you're father had your differences..." she continues. Had our differences? The guy was a psychopath, with power and money. I know I don't talk about him much, but I'm pretty sure if I opened up to Jay about him, she'll understand why I hate his guts. He belittled me multiple times, humiliated me, made me feel less than a human, all because of his sick egotistical ways! He ruined the idea of a childhood for both Deck and I, which would explain why we are all screwed up in the head. My mom included.

"...Joe never got to see that side of my dad, and it's a shame. Her whole childhood has been seeing him in a hospital room," I tune back in to what she is saying. She's so passionate in trying to persuade me, that it makes me just say "okay".

"Okay?" She says mid sentence. I nod, and place a peck to her lips. Guiding her off my lap slowly to rise from the ground.

"Okay?" She repeats stunned. I guess she was expecting me to put up a fight, but no, everything she said was true. I need to hear him out after all these years and see him.

"Yeah, okay. I'm okay about everything okay, just ready to see him after all these years, see what he has to say. And you're right, our days are limited, it's time to tie loose ends." I smile at her. She nods but still holds a stunned facial expression. Am I really that much to deal with ? Just as she's about to say something, Mari enters in a love trance. Smelling flowers so kindly.

"Ouuo, someone's in a good mood, lemme guess, Dan?" Jay says. Mari nods with a huge smile on her face. She has been happier a lot and Dan has also been over a lot. Had a few awkward run ins with him when I'm leaving the guest bathroom, and he's sneaking out of her room at 4 in the morning. It's pretty funny, because he be all scared and I have to tell him to relax it's just me. I guess Mari doesn't want Jay to know how serious they have gotten. Why? I do not know.

"You've been all smiles for a minute, the sex must be amazing," Jay teases, I think that's my que to leave the room. I attempt to exit but Mari stops me.

"No Ky, no leaving the room. We're all grown here and and you're welcomed to hear," she says firmly. I nod and sit at the stool next to Jay.

"Sooo..." Jay says excitedly.