Chapterd 36: Skin tight dress

I don't know what made me more nervous, seeing Jay in that skin tight dress or having to face my father after all these years. She pats more powder on to her cheek as I lean against the bed waiting for her to say she's done and we all can head out. I admire her, her pale skin, brown hair, toned lips beautiful smile, even her stress lines.

"Are you ready?" She chuckles out as she tosses the mirror thingy into her clutch and turn towards me. She catches my grin that's plastered across my face. She approaches me to pull me up from my lean/sitting stance, but I just pull her into me. Her face crashes in my chest.

"Kyyyyy, my makeup!" She says as she quickly pulls away and pouts.

"You're fine, you're fine, literally," I say as my hand trails over her curves and down to her ass. I guess she's reading my mind because she stops me.

"Ky we are not doing a quicky, we're already late for our dinner reservations with your father,"

"Why did you make reservations? I told you we could've fed him some animal crackers and apple juice," I frown. She doesn't need to put in any effort with dad, he's a person who I don't even want her around him. I don't even know why we're doing this meet up. I told her countless times, but for her sanity I agreed.

"Ky he's a grown man, not a toddler and I told you, I understand your keen dislike towards your father, but I feel after all these years, you guys need to see each other for closure, and make amends." I nod at her, still not feeling it. She doesn't know my father, our distant behaviors is good enough.

"He sure acts like a toddler," I mumble under my breath.

"Huh, what was that?" She questions leaning closer purposefully.

"Nothing. How did you get a table at the most exclusive restaurant on this side of the town anyways?" I question raising an eyebrow. This is pretty impressive, even though I wouldn't take my father to a dog fight, this is nice.

"A lady never tells," she chuckles and rises.

"Now come on!" She demands as she pulls me from the bed. Yes ma'am, I love them aggressive. I pull at her waist, she stumbles into, again. This is nice, always love the feeling of her against me.

"You sure you don't want to like rain check this," I whisper into her ear caressing her waist. She shudders into my touch. Give me one word baby and I'll have my assistant call off the whole thing with my father, he probably doesn't even show. That's his things also, forget the important events, yet show up at the worst time. Real dad of the year award.

*******

I pull out the seat for Joe and Jay to sit at the table. I glance around at the dim lights and calming scenery. I don't know how Jay got us a table here, it's a really expensive and hard to get into restaurant. Jay doesn't, how do I word this, ask for help much. She's a, "I can do it on my own even if I have to give up a rib" type of person, and I think that's what I love the most about her. So independent, motivated and a fighter for sure.

"They have lobster here!??" Joe yells out. Jay glances at her.

"Joe you never had lobster before," Jay says as she chuckles.

"I know, but I always wanted to try it," she cheeses. Not something I prefer but its alright I guess.

"We'll get it, because I'm paying," I announce. Which catches a glance from Jay.

"Babe I told you I got it covered," I glance at her. These prices are pretty high, for her, well her—.

"No it's fine, I have it," I smile but she just stares, worried. She's about to say something but there's an interruption. The host seats my father, while asking for his coat. The waiter takes it away and my father still stands. I guess he's waiting for me to stand. I do so. Staring at him for the first time in I-don't-know-how-many-years. He glanced at me, intaking the short haircut and casual men's clothing. He extends his hand, and I firmly shake it. Still the same aggression behind it. I glance at Jay, who smiles up at me.