Chapterd 33: Dan the Man

"How's her room coming along?" Mari questions as she unpacks the very last box.

"Well she wanted to hang up her jerseys, then she took them down because she wanted to wear them and then she fussed about the butterflies and star stickers you brought her," I grunt out as I clean the kitchens island.

"So I'm going with great," she chuckles and reaches into her back pocket to pull out her phone. She glances at her screen and smiles.

"What cha' smiling at?" I question and raise a curious eyebrow.

"Oh noth..." she stops herself and I think she's realizing she's doing that thing where she shuts me out. She grins adorably and nods her head, addressing that she does

"A few weeks ago I met this guy, his name is  Daniel and we've been on one date which was those few days I spent here working on my parlor and the house, he lives in San Francisco so he tries to make time off work to see me but , eh," she shrugs and avoids eye contact. I toss a balled napkin at her and she looks at me and blushes extremely hard.

"Ohhhhhh, someone has a crush," I tease as I stick out my tongue childishly.

"I do not! I just, well things are," she tries but I shake my head and smile at her huge grin.

"Okay I do but don't be,"

"What? Taunting!?" I chuckle and she buries her head into her lap.

"Yes, don't be teasing me and all that cause that's un-needed," she groans and points at me strictly. Just as she does that, Joe wasp down the stairs carrying her new phone DECK! Brought her.

"Who are you guys talking about, Dan the man?" Joe questions as she doesn't take her eyes from her cell.

"Dan the man?" I mouth confusingly to Mari who chuckles and pats Joe's head.

"Yeah, Mari's new boo," she teases as she sticks out her tongue at Mari.

"You tell my little sister before you tell me? You know that ain't right right?" I chuckle and Mari shrugs right along with Joe.

"I think I seriously need to find a new best friend, Joe has literally stole you away from me," I frown and Mari stares at me shocked.

"You could never replace me, I'm carved into your life for eva!!!" She chuckles and Joe does to.

"MUH HA HA HA!!" Joe begins and Mari follows behind her.

"MUHHH HA HA HA!" Mari continues. Once they laughter dies down she turns to me.

"So, when is Ky coming back?" She questions. Ky flew back home for Decks celebration party for her part in her big film. She decided to stay longer though so now I wait for her return, sadly.

"I honestly don't know and please don't rush her back!" I mutter out and Joe giggles.

"You know you miss her dearly so quit it," she teases and I shake my head at the monster. What have I created? Well Mari because that's who she gets her thinking from.

"She ain't lying," Mari grins as she takes a sip from her chocolate milk she just created.

"Yeah, I don't know," I shrug.

****

I lay in bed because I have a terrible headache for I don't know why. I've been in bed literally all day because if I stand, the world shifts sideways and I'm in another dimension. That's exactly how it feels.

The bed sinks and I turn and Ky wraps me into her chest. She's cold and sweaty.

"You're back?" I whisper groggily.

"Yeah, being with Deck for weeks is something I will not miss," she grunts and I giggle and nod. I swear I don't know how Nyla does it. My very first time meeting Deck I wanted to strangle her.

"Well I missed you," I state as I pull my head from her chest and kiss her chin. She lowers it so I can meet her lips.

"Seriously? Because a little birdy told me you said you didn't. Kinda hurts my heart, seeing I raced back to California to be near you," She chuckles and I giggle along with her.

"Hm, was this little birdy Joe?" I chuckle and she shakes her head "no".

"It was Mari but that's besides the point," she tries and I punch her softly.

"Yeah, well I did miss you Ky," I admit truthfully and she nods and places her lips back on mine.

"Why are you sweaty?" I state as I pull away and wipe away her salty kiss.

"The uber driver had her heat on blast for no apparent reason so it was a very uncomfortable ride," she cringes.

"I'll take a quick shower but how do you feel today? Remember you had morning sickness and what not," she observes my face worriedly.

"Headache today," I state annoyedly.

"Speaking of morning sickness, are you pregnant or cheating on me? I hope there isn't a little me in there," she pokes my belly and I shove her off the bed. She burst into childish laughing and clutch her stomach.

"If I am pregnant, this baby is all yours because I don't believe in cheating," I state as she she still clutches her stomach from laughter.

"What's our child name if you are?" She states while placing a kiss on my stomach and rubbing it. It's soothing, I missed her touch a lot so I am grateful of her presence.

"Definitely not Ky!" I joke and she gasp offended. She pulls away her hand but I pull it back. I didn't tell her to move it.

"And why not? I actually like my name, Ky, I should start sleeping it K-Y-I or K-A-I." I shake my head disapprovingly. Her actual name isn't even Ky, it's Kylie, which she still doesn't want me calling her. She's such a drama queen sometimes.

"For a girl, maybe Skylar so we can call her Sky for short. Plus, it'll be more closer to Ky." I state. I don't necessarily know yet, but I'm not planning on having kids anytime soon, and this discussion has gone on long enough. I do, however, enjoy talking about it with Ky. It makes me feel like we actually have a future together, in which I am not doubting because that's what landed us in our last argument.

"And a boy?" She questions kissing my fingers individually.

"A boy, I don't know, I'll leave it up to you," I pout and kiss her nose. She raises her eyebrows impressed, I guess because I actually included her in something.

"Tyler, so we can call him Ty." I shake my head.

"You just want all their names to rhyme with yours, what about me!" I joke.

"Okay then Jaylen, so we can call him either Jay or Jy," she dishes out and I shake my head also.

"Jy?" I question and she nods with a smug smirk on her face. It sounds too weird, so no. We still have time to think on children names.

"You know, I have a visual image of little Ky's running around yelling "fuck" all the time with their curly locks," I randomly stare, soon bursting into laughter. She finds it funny also because she breaks into a fit of laughter. I love when she laughs, it's rare but it's there. It's also music to my ears whenever she does it. The laughter dies down. There's silence, my head resting in her chest, hearing the steady heartbeat of hers.

"HOLY SHIT!" Joe yells really loudly. Ky looks at me wide eyed.

"Jay!!" She yells and I arrange to get up to see her fuss but Ky motions she has it. I stare oddly at her and she throws me an assuring look.

"I got this Jay." With a casual smirk. Yeah, she's bound to steer my little sister to becoming a trouble maker.