Chapterd 30: Funday Sunday

I woke up bright and early to fix Joe pancakes. Which is her favorite food—besides doughnuts. She's usually wide awake and ready to eat a stack of pancakes at this time. I hear running upstairs and I know she's headed down.

"I made you every kind in the book kid! Banana, chocolate chip, pecan, cinnamon..." I glance up to see Joe standing in the doorway with Mari. Mari holds tons of balloons and a gift bag in one hand as she hugs Joe with the other. She hands the bag and balloons to Joe, who jumps up and down excitedly.

"I promised someone I would take them to the carnival, and I'' holding my word," she smiles cheekily at Joe who can barely hold it together.

"But is that okay with big sis?" Mari questions as her and Joe turns to pout at me. They both give me puppy dog eyes. I giggle at their pleading attempt and nod. Joe doesn't even wait for me to give her the que to go get dressed, rather races up the steps to her room.

"I guess my pancakes are a waste!"

"Of course they are not!" Mari grins as she takes a seat on one of the stools. Her thick curly locks placed in a high ponytail and her usual red lipstick bringing out her light brown skin.

"Cardinals, Wacha-52?" I question. Mari smiles and nods proudly at my guess of Joes gift. Which is St.Louis Cardinals pitcher, Micheal Wacha-jersey 52.

"You Know she wanted a Golden State Jersey also? She wrote like eight different teams and players on her list," She states as she goes for the stack of pancakes set out.

"Yeah I know, I got it for her since I knew you were getting her the baseball Jersey. She also asked for a cell." Her list was longer than her Christmas one, and those are usually pretty long. Cell phone, laptop, a $65 dollar XBOX1 game, I guess she thinks I'm a walking bank.

"Why didn't you get it for her?" Mari questions with a huge smirk plastered across her face.

"Who is she going to call, us two? You know she doesn't behave well with others." Mari nods agreeing. Joe doesn't have many friends, we don't communicate with relatives often, so getting her a phone would be a waste of money, plus she has a video game, she doesn't really need all of those electronics.

"Well what about her friend Nadia?"

"She doesn't have a cell either, it'll be pointless." Mari agrees with me on that also and nods. The conversation falls flat and we become silent. Something that rarely happens between us. I set my pride aside and begin my apology.

"Mari I'm sorry for saying what I said the other day. With the move and dealing with Ky, I was just so stress, I had no right to say those things about you and Jermey relationship." She shakes her head while holding up her hand.

"I was hopping down your throat about responsibility and crossing the line, I shouldn't have said what I said, it was pretty low of me."

"I don't think so, you didn't cross the line. I do make things all about me sometimes, I complain more than I should and you have put up with that."

"You're my best-friend and that's what that title is for, to tell each other about our day, even if we're composing, and we hold each other's secrets and communicate with one another," she smiles while coming to give me a big hug.

"I love you Marina!" I sigh into her shoulder. She chuckles.

"And I love you 8 trips around the moon, 20 trips to Mars and 6 trips to Saturn and back Jay." I love her extra-ness, I love her period. I don't think I could've asked for a better best friend.

"Awn! You guys are besties again!" Joe cheers as she runs to hug us. We partake in a group hug. It feels good to be getting hugged by my little sister and best friend.