Chapterd 10: Wheres my bra?

I awake to the sound of maneuvering. The rays of sunshine beat me to the pain of everything. I don't get hungover often, so this kinda hurts like a bitch. Especially the throbbing. Mixing my medicine and liquor together, bad for business.

I honestly don't know how the fuck I ended up in a hotel, with the random girl that's bouncing from corner to corner. I eye her without her noticing,

"I can't find my bra, I can't find my phone. It's 7:42, my class starts in 33 minutes ," she calls out as she searches the small hotel room. How the fuck did I get here? Did I drive in my state of mind, all drunk and shit. Oh shit, I have a meeting I have to get to also. I quickly hop out of the bed and search for my shit also. She eyes me for a second, pairing in her tracks. She then continues to search frantically.

" Good morning to you too sunshine," I call out as I search for my mind. She glances again, but this time she smiles.

"Sorry, I'm just in a heap of mess right now. I can't remember anything, like where I put my bra, or phone," I nod in understanding.

"You're a teacher, yet you go out clubbing on Sunday nights, that's ironic, and funny," I carelessly mention.

"I wasn't suppose to get drunk though, I was only there to support a friend, I was also the designated driver, so not only did I leave my friends at the club last night, I left my car, and my dignity," she explains.

"Ohhh, that sucks."

"Found my bra yet?" She groans out.

"Maybe those items are in my car, I kinda remember fingering you in there," I state honestly. Her face scrunches up in embarrassment. I guess at my brutally honest sentence. I could have better worded that, or just plainly left it out.

"Let's just go search for our phones in my car, and then I can get you to where ever you need to be, alright?" She nods, and I nod. Okay, now I just need to find my car keys, and we can go.

——

I was late for sure for my meeting, I went home, took a quick shower and changed and headed over to my office. I was also in need of a coffee (I don't need coffee because I hate the taste but it helps when it comes to a hangover) and aspirin badly, but our coffee wasn't delivered yet, which pissed me off. If my assistant placed the order correctly, it should have been here.

I enter the room, only to have eyes follow me, especially Samatha's. I can spot her burgundy hair quickly, her eyes following me. She hates me, which I understand. I slept with her the first time we met and never called her. A couple days later, I find out she recently moved here from New York and she has been assigned to work in my office. Just my luck. That's just how this town works, always running into people you've slept with, only to realize they are closer to you than you think.

"Sorry I'm late," I mutter as I take my seat at the end of the table.

"When are you ever early," Samatha mentions, which causes heads to turn. I think everyone in this room always feels the tension between us, suspecting that something did indeed happen between the two of us, because every chance Samantha gets, she throws me under the bus. I eye her, she doesn't pay me any mind, just carelessly flip through the folder.

"We left off on finding a creative title for our new project, Dawn Dark Angels isn't really cutting it for me," I mention.

"Yeah it's—" Scully tries to talk but is broken off by Samantha.

"We didn't really agree to the name Dawn Dark Angels, you did," she calls out, now eyeing me with a stern look.

"Looks like you had a busy Sunday night, mind telling us any ideas you've come up with?" I hate when she does this. Now she's making everyone in this fucking room uncomfortable with her stupid shenanigans.

"Okay Samantha, enough," Will intervenes. He calls her out on her shit a lot. He knows when she's up to no good, which is basically every meeting. I think Will put two and two together and realized Samantha and I had sex and now she hates me.

"We didn't agree on Dawn Dark Angels, we made you aware of that, we wanted something to stand out, to express the idea of the cool badass dude fighting demons and what not," he explains, steering the conversation back on topic.

"How about— how about—Awakening Homecoming," Dean says. We turn our interest to him.

"Huh?"

"We add an opening to it, where a demon takes possession of a high school student. The demon does this to attend a dance...a homecoming, and the demons intention is to basically slaughter half the school, which causes our badass main character to be awakened into putting an end to it, the mass killing the demons is after," Dean explains darkly.

"That's some wicked stuff, I LIKE IT!" Will says, and so does everyone else. I nod.

"Awakening Homecoming, great title, rocky plot. It was good, but we need to go more in depth with the plot, give the demon a reason," I add.

"How about because he's a demon," Samantha says sassily.

"Who said it was a "he"?" I add, fighting fire with fire.

"Who said this was a gender thing?" she grunts out. Well technically her, she assigned the demon to be a he, not once did we say the demon takes possession of a male.

"It doesn't matter, my storyline team and I will work more on the plot tomorrow, today is more about the characters look, which is why after the meeting, my design team and I will arrange to meet and get to sketching. I give the building of this project 2 weeks, we schedule a meeting and we see where we are from there," I wrap up.

"Dean, your storyline, your game. I need you here for your vision of this high schooler. Designs all yours too!" I toss out to him which makes him turn to Adam in excitement to high five him. He's proud he made it to the big league, which is an honor why of course. Depending on where this game steers, the profit goes to a high percentage of him.

"Deal?" I glance around the table and everyone nods, even Samantha, who I am going to talk to after this about her actions. This has gone far enough, she just needs to get over it. It's been like 8 months now.

Just as we are all about to rise, the door opens and in walks a confused... Jay? With bundles of coffee cups.

Oh, I forgot she worked at that Café. Even though I deliberately requested she be the one to deliver them.

Thanks to Darwin.

"Can we help you? Because you're interrupting an important meeting," Will says, his eyes raising in fascination. He glances at Jay head to toe, making sure to sculpt her out, weirdo.

"I-I work at Jinx Vinx Café on Main Street?" I mentally slap my forehead. Why is she like this?

" Uh, that's nice? Mind giving us a minute?" Samatha says, basically teasing her. What a bitch she is.