Chapterd 14: You're a Legend

Ky tattoos

Ky didn't say a word the whole drive, which was very relaxing.

She slowly pulls up to Garner Middle School and kids hurry towards their parents. Teens text mindlessly on their phones or laugh with their friends.

I exit the vehicle, not really caring if she follows or not.

But she does, and closely behind me. As we walk, I feel Ky body heat radiate off her onto my neck. Man she is really close and this makes butterflies appear.

I stop at Joe door, and I guess Ky wasn't paying attention because she crashed right into my back, making me fall forward. I prepare for the crash against the cold tile floor, but her hands latch onto my waist. I slowly open my eyes and see the red and black checkered floor.

Oh thank...

The door to our left opens and Ky lets me go, making me crash nose first on the cold floor.

Ah gesh!

"Hello, Ms.Alden?" Joe teacher eyes me weirdly, seeing that I am kissing the floor-due to Ky letting me go. I quickly stand and dust myself off. Ky stands there eyeing Joe's teacher.

" Hello Ms.Jasper, how are you doing this lovely afternoon?" I smile. She smiles back and gesture with her hand that she's fine. Her eyes move to Ky who looks everywhere else but at Ms.Jasper.

" Uh well this is Ky..." I am cut off by both Ky and Ms.Jasper.

"We actually know each other." I quickly turn my head towards Ky who stuffs her hands into her pocket annoyed. She finally meets my eye and I raise an eyebrow. A sharp ounce of pain strikes me by surprise

"Well then, now that we all know one another..." I ignore the tension between the two and remember my task.

"I looked for Joe outside, but she wasn't out where the kids usually line up?" I question suspiciously. Ms.Jasper takes her eyes off of Ky and looks at me.

"You didn't hear? Well, Joe had got suspended today and is waiting in the principal's office." My eyebrows furrow as I look at her. What did she do this time? Practically reading my mind, she starts to explain.

"Well today in science she released our pet hamster, and one of our students is highly afraid of the thing, so it somehow ended up in her back pack and she had a hard time breathing due to the scare."

"Well, how do you know it was Joe?" I ask rather furious. She looks at me throwing that 'are you serious' stare, and I nod in agreement.

Joe is a troubled kid, and every time she does something stupid the teachers look at me like I'm a bad parent and guided her to do it. She's a kid, so why always shame her. But she has gotten too comfortable with me just yelling at her, she needs discipline. The Xbox has to go.

" She should still be down there, unless she was mixed to detention," Ms.Jasper states pointing down the empty hall. I nod and start to walk.

"It was nice seeing you Ky. Maybe a call?" She states nervously, Ky nods and follow behind me. Once were out of ear distance I chuckle.

"Really, you slept with a teacher?" I question randomly. She chuckles coldly and continue walking beside me. Sure it may seem like I'm fine, but deep down my stomach is churning with anger.

"She told me she was a teacher, just not where." I glare at her devious, cold smirk.

"Is that who gave you those bruises on the neck?" I point out, which she moves her hands quickly too. That answers my question.