0.58 | My Love Would Take You To A New Height

The other man ran to Lucas, crashing near the body that disturbed the sawdust on the ground. "What happened to my brother? Who did this to you?" Immediately upon lifting his head to look up at the invisible shooter, a much louder gunshot caused a sudden disturbance in the air. He was shot dead.

In the meantime, Arnold sensed that staying here could make him breathe his last. Nobody wanted to die and especially Arnold who believed had a raft of years to fool people around and confiscate their assets.

Tempers ran high and verbals flew thick and fast.

There was a broken window on the sidewall. He silently backed off toward it and quickly eluded from the basement. Joseph's bullet missed the target and he finally appeared in front of them.

"Heroic stunt man!" Tasher cheered.

"Ruby . . ." he pronounced her name graciously and fled to remove the sisal that squeezed the life out of her. Joseph's hands had become weak and he was wasting more time in untying the darn knot.

"Jose, y-you are here." Ruby opened her mouth to celebrate the feeling of seeing him again, but her voice was stuck in her throat. She coughed and coughed again.

She saw an obscure image of Joseph and the dust particles clouding her vision. The ends of his black hair blazed a shade of orange color until the sunlight waned as her lids fell.

"Ruby, just keep on talking to me. Never stop── please," Joseph controlled his tears and kissed her head. His shirt got a blotch of red as she deserted her face in his shirt.

Joseph carried her in his arms and was going to depart sooner when Tasher reminded horridly, "Bro, who's coming to untie me?"

Joseph was unconscious. The only thing he was conscious about was Ruby, who was in his arms and if she wasn't treated by any doctor, he might lose an essential part of him. This is why he had completely forgotten to bear in mind that Tasher was there. He turned back and pointed at the knot, pulling the trigger and the gun recoiled. Tasher closed shut his eyes and as soon as the rope slacked, pressure released from his chest, and he let out a sigh.

"Nice shot!" Tasher muttered, dusting off his pants and following Joseph who was not seen anymore.

"Ruby say something . . . I wanna hear your voice, Ruby. Tell me how much you love me. Everything's gonna be okay, Ruby . . . Ruby . . ." Joseph gently clutch her debilitated body closer to his and trudged aimlessly. He was panicked to the point that his sturdy legs tickled nervousness in him.

The clamorous labor union surrounded Joseph, seeing that he needed urgent help. One with muddy, hair hailed. "Hey, mister there is a hospital five hundred meters from here. You will see a white color building and three ambulances outside of it. Tom, our friend has a rented van he can take you there─"

"Thanks, mate! But I have my car. Joseph, get inside. Quick," Tasher said in minimum words as he slipped himself into the driver's seat.

Ruby's head hung down and jerked as he took long steps, auburn hair strands looking similar to banyan tree roots. Thick and hard. Joseph ransacked her face as she mumbled inaudibly, "Joseph . . . he's going to kill you."

Tasher unlocked the car and Joseph ushered her into the backseat. "I'll not let anything happen to you princess. Hang in there." He caressed her head and joined his head with hers, making her face wet with his tears. "We haven't even given time to our love, Ruby. Trust me. I'll save you."

Blessed with the smooth ride of Tasher's Lamborghini, they reached the hospital within a few seconds. The car skidded on the dusty path. Joseph clambered out, not caring about his disheveled state as he padded inside the building.