0.55 | Will Team Work Bring Them Closer?

The moist grassland was now exchanged by the solid ground as she retraced her path to the mansion. She stuck out her hand and felt her skin burning, therefore, the umbrella was a must at this time. She thanked the man once again in her heart.

It seemed like a rare, sweltering summer solstice of long days in Seattle where there were no hints of clouds and rain. Strange.

Suddenly a black car pulled over on the front porch, and the two, small, bald men stepped out in monastic suits. One amongst them had a possible rank of a senior whose eyes fixed longingly on her face. "Elizabeth Warner, very good morning to you. Mrs. Warner deeply regrets not meeting with you at the mansion, so she has sent me to drop you at her institution."

Ruby questioned him bluntly, "But she was sleeping in her room a while ago? I'll clarify it first." As she padded onward she heard someone calling her name.

"Elizabeth! Elizabeth! Please listen to me . . ."

She turned to the side only to find the blue-eyed guy leaping in her direction. His olive green cardigan shone brighter than his dusty golden hair. He slowed down, thinking she push the brakes and listen to him.

"Tasher." Ruby wrung her hands and without saying anything further got inside the car. "Please take me there. Fast."

"Wait right there! Where are you going, Elizabeth?" Tasher shouted more aggressively, sprinting to catch a glimpse of her expression which was not possible since the car accelerated at a high speed. He managed to take a blurry picture of the car's number plate. "I─ came here to say you and a goodbye and ─ to return your phone Godammit!"

The disorder was seen in everyone's activity. Nobody knew what to do until the main head Mary approached the problem. "What happened? Why is everyone so loud." She closed the distance after getting down the stairs.

Lucy dashed to her and said in a trembling voice, "A few people came and took, Elizabeth with them."

"How did the guards even allow them in?"

"They must have brought fake identity cards," Tasher added. "Needless to say, daily hundreds of people pay a visit for many purposes here."

Someone interrupted from behind Tasher, "There is no need to panic. We have sent our team to track down the kidnapper," his voice was tainted with caution. "He wouldn't have gone far."

Tasher looked at the man with a pretentious lopsided smile. As if, they would find her before the night falls. He wanted to search for her by himself. Independently. So he turned back and would have proceeded where the breccia marble work ended, when Mary prompted, "Tasher! Take Joseph along with you."

Tasher faced her aridly. "Joseph? I heard he's good at office work and preaching philosophical notes. But, since when he excelled in hunting down people?"

Mary's predatory look made things more sorted and he nodded inertly, using Ruby's phone to make the call. Joseph picked it up and muttered a worried 'hello'.

Tasher hated this moment as much as Joseph would have once he knew who was he talking to. Tasher knew beforehand that he would keep the phone silent if Joseph demands any explanations from him.

"Hello Joseph, I better not waste my time telling you who I am. Ruby has been kidnapped as far as I can tell. I'm anticipating your presence at the mansion any minute now."

And there he ended the call without waiting to get a corresponding reply from the other side.

Twenty-five minutes passed away, and Tasher's feet were not put to rest; he was pacing around his yellow Lamborghini. "Who were these jerks? How would I get to grips with these fucking assholes? Argh!"