0.29 | Meant To Be Loved

She strutted toward the young belt of abundant flowers washed with the fresh morning dew stretched for about a mile. Sadly, the scenic view didn't hold the power to seize her interest; she was thinking about him. About Joseph Holden.

Gosh...how long would he take to show up?

She let out a laugh abruptly, reminiscing the accounts of her earlier life. She was used to sleeping till the sun was done with its half day's job. In literal terms: she hadn't seen the beauty of the morning sky in her entire life.

She stole a glance at the Rado ocean green wristwatch she was sporting. Her eyes lingered on the expensive sports watch for more than ten seconds.

"What did I do to deserve this?" She pondered and roved her fingers delicately across the dial. "Here, ten of its types are jammed inside a box no one would care to open. Wastage of money that is." She paused. "It's an unjust world. One has to fight for all of it."

The beautiful sky looked like blotting paper with variant stains of blues spread across the expanse. She was finding ways to come back to earth.

Being in Love consolidates the creativity around you. You began to notice things that you never cared about before.

"Gosh Jose, I'm so nervous to see you. Please come and calm down this girl before she passes out." Ruby placed her hand on the left side of her chest, feeling the heartbeat go from boom to BOOM.

Ruby looked up at the effulgence leaking out of the sky in the form of a tiny dot resembling a star just below the moon peeking out of an obscure patch of cloud.

"Good Morning Elizabeth!"

Mrs Warner was someone who offered a masterclass in how to stay chic, and classic, and more importantly, was always appropriately dressed without skimping on color or glitz when needed.

She was wearing a bright pink jacket teamed up with flashy white trousers and Edgebounce Adidas running shoes. She paused the song on her phone armband.

"Morning . . . Mrs. Warner," her voice trailed off into galactic dust and so did Mrs. Warner's little hope of hearing 'mom' from her mouth.

"Mother will take a while. No problem, I understand. Take your time," she pronounced, looking sideways in mutual agreement.

Simultaneously, Ruby's neck muscles jolted on hearing a car slam brakes suddenly ─ of a rash driving style somewhere within her earshot. She squeezed her eyes, retrieving the memory of Joseph driving in the same way.

Yes, it was Joseph, she thought to herself. She directed her gaze at Mrs. Warner who was beaming and internally storing every minutest detail on her face in her memory.

Her ash-colored eyes broke a connection with Ruby's; her jaw pressed firmly showing discontent at the arrival of the person who stood behind Ruby.

"Mr Joseph, what on the face of the earth are you up to? My daughter had to spend her night in a guest room on her very first day instead of having her own room that was unfortunately not equipped with a good lighting arrangement. What can be more shameful than this?" Mrs Warner accosted as her eyes narrowed. The words were flavored with limpid sarcasm which made Ruby jump to her feet.

She also had this side: an aggressive side. Ruby wished to never get her in this mood. Never.

"Tell me, Mr. Joseph."

Joseph . . . lightning?? Never did he share about working as an electrician?" Various thoughts battling in her mind caused her fingers to curl up in fists and she whirled around savagely to shoot a dangerous look at him--- preferably at Joseph Holden.