0.48 | A Cold War Between The Club Owner And His Son

Tasher's hand dwelled in mid-air as he had fallen short of the appropriate set of sentences to explain it to Mrs Warner. His mouth twitched to announce, "I'm sorry to say, but Eliza . . ."

Mrs Warner's face precipitately lengthened. "She should be with you."

In the meantime, Mr Garfield thundered into her room. "Katherine, I just heard about it. Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine. What can go wrong with me?" She giggled and went back to bring her scarf. Fastening it around her neck as she said, "Where is, El? We will get late for the little show that the locals have set up."

"Mrs Warner, I went to her room. She even did a small chat with me and then she suddenly disappeared from there. I searched for her everywhere. And have acquainted the staff about this."

"I shouldn't have forced her to come here in the first place. She wasn't happy at all. And after seeing you people's faces she wanted to go back, but I condoned her behavior," Mrs Warner stated calmly and turned around, calling Joseph on her phone. The core reason behind her calm composure could be the existence of Joseph. She knew this man ─ Joseph would disturb this schedule to do anything for Mrs Warner.

Mr. Garfield rotated his head slowly; his gaze crawling up at Tasher. "You asswipe! Hadn't you been a shade vigilant enough, she would have never escaped before your eyes." He raised a slap and Tasher squinted slightly.

"Arnold! What are you doing? I'm insisting upon you two people to please go and find Elizabeth. Please." She masked her emotions that she was deeply hurt and walked out.

As Mr Garfield was about to leave the room, Tasher called out, "Dad, I got to know about your praiseworthy-" he chuckled and added, "Well, deadly merit that you killed my mother and deemed it necessary to hide it from me. May I ask why?"

Arnold scoffed and looked at him in utter confusion, "Who told you that rubbish?" He suddenly realized it himself the only person who had known about this was Ruby. "Oh, that girl must have."

Tasher's eyes pooled with water. For one, he had been staring into his father's gray eyes for a few minutes now; and secondly, he was super offended by his father, Arnold who had never given serious thought to unearthing the secret of his mother's demise.

"So, instead of siding with me, you are going to believe in that girl's words who hasn't been acting normal for a while. As you said, she had hurt you with a ball once, and she talks only to diss you in front of others. Declined to have fun with you in the club. I see." He walked up to Tasher and punched his chest lightly. "You are, for want of a better word, not my blood."

"Of course, I'm ready to side with a devil if he stands in the opposition. At least he wouldn't think about creating a family which he would kill ultimately to fulfill his selfish desires like you," Broken, Tasher spat.

"This is the result of providing you with the millionaire's lifestyle with endless trunks of money invested in you. This is what I get! The investment with no return policy . . ." He squeezed Tasher's shoulder and spoke outrightly.

"You knew it damn well that she wasn't the real Elizabeth Warner ─ still you misguided Mrs. Warner and me. You made fun of me Dad! Dad you─" Tasher broke off as Arnold began nodding his head.

"You are several bricks short of a load, learn it. You have no potential aside from the graduation degree that, too, my friend who was in the council of administration helped you to get. No business sophistication has touched your brains, either. So in all, you should worship the ground my feet lay on!"

"My heart aches to know after getting so much in these twenty years, I couldn't find the names of peace and love anywhere."

"Do you . . . know where her phone is?" Arnold asked hesitantly because this topic was out of the syllabus.

"No."

"Shit," he swore and left the room. "This asshole pawn disturbed my checkmate strategy."

Tasher covertly fished out Ruby's phone and muttered, "Guess a millionaire's life lies in a pity cellphone."

***

Ruby held Joseph's hand and mumbled, "Joseph! I can't do this anymore. This is taking me in a direction from where it would be nearly impossible to return."

"You are going to betray me."

"I don't think that would be the right epithet to describe this."

"Didn't I tell you before if you change your decision one more time I'm going to kill you?" his voice reverberated.

"JOSEPH NO!" She opened her eyes in horror and joined her sprawled legs after catching the bus driver's disposition.

"Ma'am, this is the last stop."

"Oh. Okay." She hung her head and hopped down. "Eh . . . by the way, what's is the time right now?"

"It's two-thirty." He checked the time and smiled.

"He should be dozing right now. Joseph, I'm coming to you. Please don't kill me." She turned her back and walked with a limp in a sigmoidal manner.

The driver cocked his eyebrow as his eyes caught the sight of her bare feet and worn-out condition. He said with empathy profoundly present in his words, "I wish that Joseph forgives her."

Ruby clenched the material of the coat lightly. She closed her eyes for a second and dipped her feet in a muddy pit. A cold sensation commanded her to stay awake. It must have rained in the recent past, the strange creatures making noises in the water glugging in the barrel through a pipe from someone's house.

It came as naturally, a radiant smile after taking in that silent neighborhood, that park, and the familiar rustic gate of Joseph's house. The street lights did a good work showing her the right path and didn't confuse her at all.

She pushed the main gate and strolled on the stone walkway to the door. There was an orangish light smeared across the glass panels of his drawing room. Maybe he wasn't sleeping, she thought.

 Maybe he wasn't sleeping, she thought

Word count - 1040

Word count - 1040

a/n; sorry sorry sorry... next chapter will have much-awaited content on Joseph and Ruby
🍟☄🔥💧🌊