0.40 | When Everyone Has His Own Game Plan

Lucy was on her way to tell Mary about Elizabeth's colorful rendezvous when someone entrusted her with a tray of cute cupcakes to be served to the guests. She grappled with it, acting extremely boorish.

Nevertheless, she tore apart from the audience just like a kiddie ride activated by a coin and reached out to Mary who was accompanied by Mrs. Warner. At first, she froze --- out of forever singlehood's embarrassment --- pursing her lips when the two darted at her with bated breath. In her mind, she was reminding herself to be careful. Be very careful.

"Is she coming down?" Mary asked, her face scrunched up like an old leather pouch.

"No!"

Upon seeing their reactions tampered with high-level doubt, Lucy gathered the courage to complete her sentence. But it was too late that Mrs Warner had to jump into the conversation, "Why? What's wrong?"

"She is with Tasher. They both a-are─"

"Talking? They are talking," Mary murmured and the vertical line that appeared between her eyebrows vanished. "They can do it here. I'll go and call them--"

"Noooo," she sounded whiny.

Mary had only turned her face before turning her entire body then Lucy yelled in a tensive tone and accidentally stomped on a little boy's feet who wanted to have the cupcake. A small shriek caused her to shift the tray from her focus and look at him. His face morphed as if he was forced to chew the raw bitter gourd.

Before he could open his tear taps, Lucy satisfied him by thrusting a triple-salted caramel cupcake toward him ─ all smiles. He snatched it and capered about.

"Fighting," Mrs Warner did her best at guesswork.

"No. But, they were French kissi─ng"

"OK, OK, OK . . ." Mrs Warner opened her mouth big enough to swallow her mistake and Lucy.

***

As per Ruby's arising consciences, she still considered participating in this lost battle to give Joseph the right results. Having no keys to the locker didn't deter her away to not to invade her so-called Mum's room. She was optimistic, albeit how dangerous it could be for her. But she had already given a nod to enter into this dangerous game long before.

The walls were of a dusty rose color, accented with golden trim. The dome-shaped ceiling had intricate artistry of mirrors and a chandelier as large as life. Her room commanded respect, in perfect synch with her high-standing status.

Her eyes next fell on her bed; it was of the size that could accommodate the entire population of her neighbourhood. On the side table, a ceramic tray with the moon on it was kept to hold earrings, rings and other woman's trinkets.

"Is this real?" She roved her watery- hazel eyes over the huge wardrobe. "Oh, this is the locker," she said softly and as her finger merely laid on its golden handle, she heard a faint sound.

Suddenly the voice became clearer. She could tell who it was just by the sound of it. She turned around and found the man standing at the doorjamb while playing with his phone. His demeanor showed that there was nothing to be afraid of, Ruby huffed and uttered, thinking of an excuse, "I-I think I have entered the wrong room."

He stood out like a sore thumb. "The room is right, and the coast is clear. Continue with your work," Mr Garfield grumbled calmly.

"I-I don't understand what you are saying. I wasn't doing anything. This wardrobe was already open; I just headed inside to close it." Ruby thumbed at the wardrobe and managed to keep a normal face.