0.57 | My Boyfriend's Secrets Are Out Now

"It's payback time," he whispered in her ear sharply and pressed the cigarette butt into her forearm to accentuate her pain. She hissed and turned away. "You were just an imposter of Elizabeth Warner. You hadn't been born with the right to do whatever you feel like, whenever you feel like in this business, filthy shit!"

Ruby begged for air as she breathlessly responded, "I-I just want to talk t-to Jose-ph for once."

"I'm sorry but you have limited time in here. But no worries, I'll send him to you shortly after I kill you. He's my very next target," he exclaimed and rubbed his hands. "All beautiful things just have to come to an end in my world." He targeted her, but changed his plan altogether, "Lucas, the occasion calls for something big. We can have a grand meal here, isn't it? A lemon-pepper turkey with juicy garlic sauce."

His scratchy voice was pushing her over the edge. She wanted to issue a slap for his rowdiness and his undesirable thoughts. But only if she had the power to get away with the tight ropes.

Their heads turned in one direction to welcome the wild card entry of brave Tasher. But once he saw the panoply of weapons placed on the mud-covered table, he flinched. "Dad you are not going to hurt her anymore," and then he anchored to rescue her.

Mr Garfield sighed. "Eh, this is not one of your virtual games that entails multiple players at one time. Tasher, go back home before it gets dark. Your toys are awaiting you at home."

Tasher stopped in his tracks and faced him. "Dad. I'm bound to say that I'm aging and becoming more mature day by day. Only if you had showered some attention on me, you'd be knowing that your son has started playing with loaded guns. Anyway, I'll leave once Elizabeth holds my hand and sits in the car."

"Four is a big number than one. No wonder why you flunk math in years. Who's in your team, Tasher? Unfortunately, no one."

"You want that bloody recording right, that holds the power to throw you in jail for fabricating a wrongful plan? So . . ." he fished out the phone and kept it on the table. "Happy?"

Mr Garfield mocked with irony, "Well done my son! Go ahead. I'll never stop my son from doing anything he wants."

Tasher chewed his lower lip and had only begun to untie the rope ─ on Mr Garfield's uncommunicative order ─ his men hooked their arms from either side and wrestled to keep Tasher in one place.

"Hey! Back off you fucking morons!"

"Tie him next to her," Arnold roared and caused Ruby to circumspect the act. She was terrified and broken at the earth-shattering hopelessness. It was the end. Help that came in the form of Tasher was not less than any miracle, but, sadly . . .

Tasher was being a physical challenge for them, resisting and thrashing around so that he was not tied tightly. "Dad, how can you do this to me!" His voice echoed and died without propelling any answer from him.

Sometime later, a slight note of displeasure could be heard in Ruby's voice, "W-why have you even come here?"

"Did you say something to me?" Tasher pretended, supervising the dried blood spot on her head. They had been brutal to her indeed. Tasher's heart was bleeding at the sight. He instantly stretched his neck to rub the tears on his shirt.

Ruby looked at her legs, lying there like lifeless logs and kept mum. After getting flash of the serious physical abuse Tasher had made her go through had put a remarkable stain of acrimony on his individuality. Even if she wanted to talk to him, her pride wouldn't permit her.

"I came to the mansion to bid my last goodbye to Mrs. Warner," he paused and added vehemently, "No, actually I was worried about you, and had this thing in my mind that I would beg for forgiveness anytime I meet you. I'm truly sorry for mistreating you. I wouldn't have had the slightest clue about my Dad's criminal record if it wasn't for you. You opened my eyes."