0.53 | Let's End This Game In Block Heels

Ruby checked her outfit in the mirror after plucking the unwanted hair at the edge of her eyebrow.

"Mrs Warner, as far as I can tell, I'm not your daughter. Forget about me." While preacting the bold revelation she was intending to make, she ridiculed herself for not being able to come out confidently. "Damn, Ruby. Joseph thinks that I can confront her. But, I'm feeling sick already. How I'm gonna do this?"

She did not spend hours deciding what to wear for the (hopefully) last meeting. Decency was quintessential. The embellishments made the sheer black button-down top ─ a conservative top and the pencil-brown pants highlighted her long legs with no excessive flesh.

These were all Sarah's clothes given to her on her trainee days. "Sarah, you are my savior. May God bless her with wonderful children."

Benighting her chest with a little silk scarf, she exited from Joseph's bedroom.

"Joseph, Joseph, I don't have any shoes to wear?" she yelled as she sped downstairs. He turned around with popped-up collars, his adroit fingers creating a knot of the acidic blue tie. "Hmmph . . . did I miss something?" And then his eyes flickered with excitement. "You look so ravishing, Ruby!"

"Coming from a dapper," she smirked and leaned across the four drawers set across him, wondering. "I wish I had learned how to do that."

"What thing?"

"Your tie."

"But, I'm sure you would be good at undoing it. Someone has to know how to remove it also." That statement made her heartbeat even louder, she shied away and distracted herself as she picked a piece of chocolate cream roll and stuffed her mouth with it.

"Um . . . Joseph, I can't go in slippers like that. So, you gotta get me a so-so pair of shoes."

"Not a problem. We will take Sarah's help. That way, she could get a chance to talk with you." He smacked her head lightly. "See, this is what happens when you try to avoid someone."

"Like as if you wanted a bone in the boneless chicken," a rather flat comment flew from her mouth, as she clapped her hands.

Joseph laughed and pulled her by the arm, nuzzling against her neck. "So stupid of me to keep on repeating the mistakes when I know I'm actually gonna lose it to you every time."

Ruby hummed, repelling to play with his already-gelled hair. So, she rested her hands on his chest. "Indeed. Be careful next time."

Ruby felt a sudden pressure on her chest, Joseph peeped at the drawer which was behind Ruby to fetch the keys. Supposedly the car keys. Her nose sniffed the lemon flavor of his perfume.

"You bought a car?"

"No. It's Mrs. Warner's. I brought this to home as I went back and forth to the mansion in search of you."

"I see."

"Just give me five minutes," he said and perched on the seat only to give Ruby a view of his majestic gray roots.

"Old men can be so hot. I couldn't have imagined it before. Thanks for changing my mindset."

"What's so hot about me?" he asked perfervidly and gazed at her thereafter.

Ruby widened her eyes and then narrowed them in concentration. "I honestly believe that it's your aura── your daddy-like aura. I feel so tension-free, secure, and pampered like a child."

"In short, you mean to say that I'm your Dad," he asserted slanderously and got up after tying the lace of his other shoe. "Very soon I'll introduce you to a side where Dads can be so terrifying that you will wish to stay out of their sight. Trust my words."