0.57 | My Boyfriend's Secrets Are Out Now

Start from the beginning

Ruby met his gaze. And for the first time, she could vouch for the truth gleaming in his eyes. "Don't feed me with your bald lies," she commented in a light-hearted way.

"I know it's of no use --- Monday morning quarterbacking. But I know you will forgive me." He smirked and looked at her throat moving up and down as she glanced at the red rubber hose pipe attached to the wall and leaking water. Tasher called out hoarsely, "Give me a glass of water!"

They stared at each other and on Mr. Garfield's instruction, he got up and filled a plastic glass from the water cooler. As he stood next to Tasher, Ruby shifted her legs to one side.

Tasher asserted, "Not for me. She wants to drink it."

"Is that so?" He perched in between them. And as he brought the glass closer to her lips, he pulled it away and did the same thing a couple of times. Ruby would smack her lips and bob her head but wouldn't get a drop of water on her tongue. "Ayah . . ."

Tasher got agitated. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"

"What. The. Fuck. Am. I. Doing," he repeated those words and spilled the water on her blouse. "Now swim."

She tried wriggling out of her rope and started breathing heavily.

Arnold, who sat in the chair from a distance uttered, "I'm going to smash this bastard's (Joseph's) face on the ground. What training did he give to her? I'm so disappointed in him."

"I think he was more interested in giving her the training of love," his partner mused.

Arnold scoffed and muttered silently, "Why is this fucking Lucas taking so much time? Or else I might have to eat her."

Ruby fluttered open her eyes and said nonchalantly, "What led Joseph to shake hands with them? Seems like I would die without knowing the reason," to which Tasher hummed.

After five minutes as he racked his brain, he spoke, "All I could say about Joseph is that he's a strong-willed man. He can't easily let go of things. Do you know about his past? I'm sure he must have told you what all happened on that day."

"Yes. He did."

"Then you must know who all died in that car accident."

"Yes. There were five people in the car ─ Elizabeth's father, her mother the driver, his son and, El herself."

"That day Joseph's father drove the car. He was a righteous man who would invest most of his time attracting investors to stake their money at Mr Warner's 'Nurture Youth' child foundation. In short, whatever Joseph is doing for Mrs Warner, there was a time when his father used to do the same job."

Ruby suddenly felt so immersed in the old tale, that she completely forgot about our future. "Now I get why he had asked me to skip reading that part out loud."

"Did he ever tell you their names?"

Ruby was perplexed. "No, never he did. And has he got a brother?"

"Yes. He had a twin brother. He died in that car accident too."

"If my memory serves me right, Elizabeth wanted to go to a butterfly garden in the harsh weather. But, why would he be in the car?"

"Elizabeth had built a good bonding with him. I used to feel envious during our school days as she wouldn't stop talking about him."

"Also, who would handle around with a football," Ruby said lazily.

"You seem to know a lot of things." Tasher winked. "Ruby. Don't I deserve a chance to date you?"

"Date? Well, if you didn't hear your father's words correctly; he said that he is going to kill me. So, no. You don't deserve to date a dead body."

"I was just kidding. Joseph will never let that happen." He heaved happily as he had redeemed his lost pride by getting out of their way.

"Jo-seph." Suddenly Ruby felt a clamp squeezing her skull. "Tasher, m-my h-head hurts . . ."

"Ruby. Just latch on there for a second. Joseph's gonna get us outta here." His blue eyes wavered as he cried out stealthily, "Joseph, just forget my high-standing claims and please come inside to save our lives before he fires the gun!"

Unexpectedly, the piercing sound of the gun did shake everyone in the basement, as a body rolled down the stairs and thudded on the ground. It was Lucas's. A bullet mark was infixed in the middle of his forehead. Arnold and his trio sprang up and their expression showed clearly that they weren't happy about it.

Tasher exhaled and found her head tilted sideways with her eyes partly closed. "Ruby! Ruby! He's here!"

 "Ruby! Ruby! He's here!"

Word count - 1324

Word count - 1324

a/n; don't forget to vote and comment 💛