0.56 | I Wonder What A World This Is ?

Start from the beginning

Ruby scoffed and tried to move her jaw which had been hurting so badly. "I don't have it."

"Lucas, Mark, and Ten, can you please come here and give her an instant demo lesson?"

Her ears would have merely picked the signals from afar when she felt a metal rod directly hit on her head and her right ear from sideways. Soon blood pricked from her pinna and rowed down her neck. She was bleeding and sweating from her armpits, forehead, and body.

Her eyes snapped shut for a few seconds until a splash of cold water covered her body with goosebumps.
She shrieked, blinking her eyes to see what was happening.

"This girl has a serious problem. Firstly, she said that she lost the keys. I said okay." He added humorously, "And now, she's saying that she doesn't have her phone. Why─ I mean why can't she take care of her things?" He neared her. "Maybe tomorrow you get married to that . . . Joseph, and what will happen the next day?"

"──she will come with a disheartening piece of news that she had lost him to some girl," the scar-faced man filled in.

Intelligent enough!

A roar of laughter took place and Mr. Garfield kneeled, slapping his chest to express his joy. "Lucas Boy, I thought you can't hit the broad side of a barn, but you are something. You took a long time to prove it." This was directed at the same man.

Just after this, Lucas' smile vanished away as he understood it was an insult. What else could he expect from
Arnold Garfield?

***

"Arnold Garfield is a fuc─" Joseph refrained from pouring any profanity by placing a fist against his mouth.

Tasher cast a glimpse at Joseph who sat beside him in his Lamborghini. He huffed and said, "Go on. Joseph, it won't hurt my feelings. That person is a sinner."

"Why would he even kidnap, Ruby? Do you happen to know the reason?" Joseph was compelled to ask, given it was a crucial matter about his beloved Ruby. Otherwise, he wouldn't have killed his time chatting with Tasher unnecessarily.

"If I'm not wrong there is a recording on her phone where my father is found talking to her. It's like they have agreed upon some deal." He became skeptical and resumed, "Now you know that right?"

Joseph didn't reply and looked outside. He saw the same things that had been once witnessed by her eyes.

"Stop the car!"

"But, why? We haven't even entered──"

"──that's the same car, I guess." Joseph pointed at the black chair parked in a way that blocked the entryway of the building.

Tasher verified and nodded.

Joseph instantly got down and launched onward with a gun. Tasher clambered out and grasped Joseph's arms in time. "What the dickens is your plan, huh?

"Tasher. It's my battle," Joseph spat.

"I can't let you put Ruby's life on the line like that." Tasher paused and explained to him his idea, "I'm going inside to get her while you stay here. I don't want Dad to get a hint that you came here with me. For her safety."

Joseph shrugged and pursed his lips as he sat inside the car. As soon as Tasher turned his back, Joseph followed him secretly with his gun.

 As soon as Tasher turned his back, Joseph followed him secretly with his gun

Word count - 1200

Word count - 1200

a/n; team Joseph vs team Tasher