Chapter 83) I'm Onto You

Start from the beginning

"I will, thank you both."

Hours passed and all three of us headed off to sleep for the next few hours. I dreaded waking up in the morning to see what Hunter and Vince wanted. If I remembered correctly, Hunter told me that he was onto me without knowing that I was harboring Ashley in Ambrose's locker-room that night.

Ashley was sound asleep next to me and I laid in bed, staring up at the blank ceiling and unable to sleep. I slipped out of bed quietly and made my way downstairs to sit near our outdoor pool to reflect on everything going on inside of my head.

I heard the door from behind me quietly being opened and seen Ambrose making his way over to check on me.

"Hey brother. What's on your mind?" He asked.

I sighed. "I just don't understand, Ambrose."

"With the authority?"

He sat down next to me.

"That, and the fact I'm worried for mine and Ashley's careers."

"Look man, I know that the authority are just a bunch of idiots, but losing you two would be a major loss to the company and they know that."

I replied, "I'm just afraid that they're going to bring Rollins back after everything that he's done to us and we've shown the judge all of the evidence that we had to have him sent there."

"I know, but you have to focus on the positive things Rome. I remember you told me that you plan on marrying Ashley after your match at WrestleMania."

"That's the one thing that keeps me going." I smiled.

"Hey, I'm gonna go back and get some sleep. Remember what I said. Regardless of what happens later today, just remember that you still have the woman of your dreams and that you'll still be a success, no matter what."

"Thanks man."

After hearing what Ambrose said to me, I went back inside and got a few hours of sleep in until my alarm went off to meet up with Vince and Hunter.

When morning approached, my alarm clock finally went off and I struggled to wake up for my meeting later today. I finally sat up from my bed, scratching my beard, and adjusting my messy hair that was in my face. Thus, trying not to wake up Ashley in the process. I was surprised that she didn't hear my alarm going off.

"I really don't want to do this." I said to myself.

I went downstairs and seen my mother and Ambrose awake. My mother was cooking some scrambled eggs with some bacon. She heard me coming downstairs after slightly being awake while she was having a conversation with my best friend.

"Good morning, son. Would you like some breakfast?" She asked.

"Yeah. I have a meeting with Vince and Hunter today for some reason, and I'm nervous about it."

"Oh? I hope you're not in trouble or anything."

"You'll do great. Just remember what I told you last night." Ambrose said.

I nodded.

"Sweetie, where's Ashley?" Mother asked.

"She's still asleep, ma. I won't be at the house when she wakes up, so let her know that I had to attend the business meeting. I already told her about it last night."

I spent the last few minutes talking with my mother and Ambrose while finishing my breakfast and left to see what they wanted. I finally got myself dressed quietly enough to not wake up Ashley and took a flight to the WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.

When I finally made it to the WWE Headquarters, I stepped out of my Range Rover and made my way inside the building. I walked into Vince's office and I seen the man himself, Hunter, and Stephanie sitting down near the desk.

"What did you guys want to talk to me about?"

"Roman Reigns. We'd like to have a word with you about something that you've done lately." Hunter said with his hands intertwined together.

"What exactly did I do, Hunter? I've been coming to work like always and cutting these promos for my WrestleMania match against Brock Lesnar. I've been doing my job ever since I first came to this company."

"We called you in here because we took notice that Seth Rollins is in the federal prison, Roman. Care to explain why? We have a feeling it involves you." Stephanie said.

"He is? I didn't know about that." I lied.

"Cut the bullshit, Roman!" Hunter raised his voice and slammed his hands onto the desk while looking me in the eyes. "I know exactly what you did! We haven't seen him for a couple of weeks and we've searched everywhere for him just to find out that he's in the Los Angeles prison? What kind of idiots do you take us for?"

"Honestly sir, I didn't even know." I lied again.

"I don't believe you. You and Seth have had a lot altercations as of lately over the past year, and I believe that the three of us have the right to know what's going on."

"Listen, I never knew about Rollins being sent to prison, alright?" I raised my voice. "I've been busy taking care of my family and Ashley who's still been struggling to remember everything again because of your little golden boy and his side-bitch."

"Seth is not our golden boy! He's the future of this company whether you like it or not." Hunter said as his eyebrows furrowed.

"So you're gonna allow someone who's done heinous things to my girlfriend to be the future of this business, Hunter? You make me sick. As for Rollins, I didn't know that he was in prison until you opened that big mouth of yours."

"Is that right?" He smiled.

"Yeah." I said. "I've been taking care of those who are close to me and not worrying about someone like him. I've had much better things to focus on instead of worrying over a former Shield brother."

The room remained silent until Hunter spoke again. "Run along, Roman." He shooed me with his hand. "We'll talk later about this."

I sat up from the chair without saying a word and left their office. Something was going on and they tried getting an answer out of me. Yes, I know that Rollins was sent to prison, but I wasn't going to admit to it. Hunter had this devious smile on his face that made me feel like he was plotting something and I had a terrible feeling about it.

After leaving the WWE Headquarters, I took a flight back home to Pensacola, Florida, and I needed to relax and calm my head after what just transpired.

The authority had something up their sleeves.